If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mobs in Minecraft

edited 2011-07-10 17:14:20 in Media
We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
I hate them.

I hate having to completely stop what I'm doing whenever the sun starts setting to run back inside my house and cower for what feels like a fucking eternity  before I can go back and start again.

I hate it when I can't get back in time and the mobs get the drop on me anyway, leaving me to aimlessly sprint back to wherever I put my place, if I can even remember.

I hate that I usually can't remember whenever I'm being chased by fucking creeps and skeletons and I almost invariably end up getting attacked by one or the other, or a damn zombie (which are obnoxiously hard to kill for some reason).

I hate that those stupid things can kill in like three hits, killing me and making me lose all of the shit I spent so much time and energy collecting in one stupid fell swoop.

i hate that I'm going to get called whiny for this post

Comments

• Any reason why you can't play on Peaceful? I normally do unless I want to collect the mob drops.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Just set it to peaceful. Problem solved.
  • What are mobs?
  • edited 2011-07-10 17:18:30
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I always play on peaceful, and will continue to do so until I have armor made from bedrock or mobs are less annoying.

It's when I'm on someone else's server that this comes up.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    It's short for "mobile", it means any killable enemy in an MMO that isn't a boss.
  • ...there are monsters in minecraft?

I thought it was just a giant sim game O.o
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    There aren't any mobs in Creative mode, which is a giant sandbox. 
  • edited 2011-07-10 17:26:28
    "I hate having to completely stop what I'm doing whenever the sun starts setting to run back inside my house and cower for what feels like a fucking eternity  before I can go back and start again."

You know that you can build a bed that lets you skip directly to daytime, right? All you need is some wool and wood, both of which are plentiful.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    In Multiplayer, all the players have to get in bed at once for that to happen.
  • No rainbow star
    Three hit kill?

You're doing it wrong
  • edited 2011-07-11 17:47:47
    Or just play on a server like The Voxel Box where all mobs are turned off and the goal is high quality building. 

EDIT: Fuck, how does embedding work?
  • edited 2011-07-17 15:33:06
    OH HEY, LOOK AT THAT, A MOB ATTACKED WHILE I WAS AFK AND I D/CED BEFORE i COULD DO ANYTHING AND NOW ALL OF MY TOOLS AND A STACK OF REDSTONE ARE GONE

HOW FUN
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I remember when I put a Mob Spawner right next to my spawn. Getting spawnkilled by zombies is no fun.
  • ^ Then why did you do it? O_o
    For zombie killing sprees. Mobs aren't smart enough to come directly to you, but instead wander aimlessly on the fields.
  • edited 2011-07-17 15:50:27
    1: I find a group of four wolves.

2: I accidentally lead my wolves too close to my fire pit.

3: Three of the wolves fall in.

4: I jump in, in a fruitless attempt to extinquish the fire and save them.

5: I die and lose 90% of my items in the process.

6: I go back, to fully extinguish the fire pit.

7: I get attacked by a spider.

8: The last wolf sacrifices itself to save my life.

9: I go back to my house.
    awwwwww...
  • Animal pets in Minecraft aren't very smart are they O_O