If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Misanthropes.

edited 2011-07-05 11:11:03 in Philosophy
[tɕagɛn]
No matter what bullshit they say to justify their views, it always boils down to this: "All of humanity sucks, except me, because I'm better than everyone else. Therefore I can say all of humanity sucks and not sound like a piece of shit hypocrite asshole (Even though I actually do to any normal person)." In other words, they're flat-out narcissistic and hypocritical assholes. The fuck?

Comments

• Humanity sucks, including me.

There.
  • That's a ridiculous idea to hold, though. We are naturally inclined to be narcissistic and believe ourselves to be better than anyone else.
  • ...we are?

The fuck is with the existence of low self esteem then?
  • edited 2011-07-05 11:25:04
    [tɕagɛn]
    Well, most people are.

Also, people always blame those with self-esteem as pity whoring anyway...
  • This one thinks that most humans are bastards, including herself. But there are exceptions. This one hs no way to know who is exception and who isn't, so she would consider everyone an exception until proven otherwise.

Not herself, though, for this one knows her own flaws way too well.

This one is not misanthrope, however. She does not hate people, nor wishes them ill or thinks that they deserve suffering.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I think misanthropes are okay.
  • You can change. You can.
    This one thinks that most humans are bastards

I'm not sure if most people are born out of wedlock. 
  • ^ Doesn't sound that implausible to me.

At least assuming we don't only count people that are currently living.
    Well, we are.

As for misanthropes: I disagree both with Chagen and with them. -shrug-
  • This one meant trope, not parentage. Although who knows about that either
  • Lol Juan.

this one thinks most people are self-serving.

and the definition of serving the self differs between people.
  • I remember making a thread about this topic.

Please give it a read, because I think I made some good points.
    This one meant trope, not parentage. Although who knows about that either

I know. It's just that the use of the trope seemed out of place, in my opinion.

Don't mind me, I'm just snarking and bored.

Anyway, as I see it, everyone has something good in them, or something worth listening/paying attention to. Ignoring that because of what amounts to a generalization is stupid.

Also, on chagen's OP:

No matter what bullshit they say to justify their views, it always boils down to this: "All of humanity sucks, except me, because I'm better than everyone else. Therefore I can say all of humanity sucks and not sound like a piece of shit hypocrite asshole (Even though I actually do to any normal person)."

Except that most misanthropes are incredibly self hating. The whole "One who does not love himself can't love others" thing and all that. 

• edited 2011-07-05 13:28:36
    Honestly, I don't think I've seen a misanthrope who doesn't include him/herself among human bastards when called out on it.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    People suck.

Persons are worthwhile, though.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
  • They're somethin' else.
    The way I see most misantropes is that they are utterly embarrassed by Humanity's (avoidable) flaws, and are trying as hard as they can to not fall into it themselves.
  • People suck.

Persons are worthwhile, though.

This
  • This thread has made me lose faith in humanity.