If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When a thing you want to buy is prohibitively expensive

edited 2011-06-28 21:18:54 in Webspace
When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
I'm looking at you, collected editions of 52. I want to read it, but I don't feel like spending $72 on it.

/cheapo is cheap

Comments

• Not sure, too lazy to check the thread with that post in it.
  • edited 2011-06-28 21:29:54
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I once found a box set of Noir for over $40.

I can barely get away with spending $10 on a couple games.  $40?  For an animé series?  Yeah, that won't fly.
  • edited 2011-06-28 21:32:02
    ^^^^^ Download it then.

Buy it later when you feel like spending $72 on random stuff.

^ That... doesn't seem that expensive, relatively...

EDIT: Actually, it's 26 episodes or something, right?  That's not expensive at all.  Or at least, that's a lower-than-average price.
  • edited 2011-06-28 21:36:37
    Has friends besides tanks now
    You think that stuff's bad? Try looking for Welcome to the N.H.K. on Amazon and finding that it starts used from $43.36 when it should only cost eight bucks and is a two-hundred-some-odd-page light novel. And it starts new from $399.98!

Screw it, I'm torrenting it as we speak.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    This also applies to the Complete Calvin & Hobbes Collection. As much as I love them, it's not going to do me any good when it's $92. 
  • edited 2011-06-28 21:35:27
    Or Cardcaptor Sakura, which costs like $500 for the whole series because it's out of print and there's 18 DVDs.

It'd actually be cheaper to import it from Japan, since it was recently re-released there.  It'd only be around $300 +tax and shipping.  Which is of course still very high.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

I have to say I feel relatively good in the fact the most expensive boxset I'm looking for is £30 right now.
  • Motorstorm Pacific Rift is 30 bucks.

For a game released in 2008.
  • Wait that's supposed to be expensive for a 2008 game?
  • $80+ per session
    I have the Complete Calvin and Hobbes. So worth it.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    This is the only reason why I don't play the Warhammer tabletop game.

$50 for a basic tank are you fucking kidding me.
  • edited 2011-06-28 22:15:28
    ^^^ No, not really.  Unless it was a DS game or something.  But it's not.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @DYRE, @Everest: I'm planning on buying the Kiddy Grade set at like $25 or $30 or so.

In other news, Hydrophobia: Prophecy is very tempting.  It's just $3 today.  But I would have to order by credit card...
  • edited 2011-06-28 22:17:49
    Well sure, you can get anime for $30 or so for a whole series, but it still is pretty normal for shows to cost more than that.  A lot of the time, it's $50-60 for 12-13 episodes for new shows, or sometimes even $20-$30 for 3 or 4 episodes.
  • edited 2011-06-28 22:31:55
    Has friends besides tanks now
    $30 for an anime series is a pretty good deal. Try $400 for a fucking light novel. >_>

It's out of print, but still.

• At the Summer of Sonic convention they had one of those with the pricetag set at $179.99 ... Now why that pricetag was set in dollars while in Britain I don't know, but that was a LOT cheaper than the initial price I vaguely remembered seeing for that online on a previous occasion.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Fucking tablets
  • ^^ You were at SOS? As was I. Heh.

Yeah, expensive stuff sucks.