If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I. BEAT. AKINATOR!

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Target: Chomp (the main-character monster creature in Monster Tale)

20 questions: Pikmin
    30 questions: Bartimaeus (Bartimaeus Trilogy)
    40 questions: Creature (Spore)

Akinator, meet Chomp.
  • edited 2011-06-21 20:41:45
    What does beating him mean? Does it mean making him guess wrong once? Because if so, I beat him thinking of Sanae from Touhou (he guessed right the second time around).

Then guessed right on the first try on Quote.

Edit: On the French version you can play with things instead.

Edit edit: Well, now I know what does beating him mean. Not telling who I was thinking of, it's a bit of a shameful thing to know.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I just realized: Since you have to add the character to his database every time you win, and since he presumably logs all question answers, there could theoretically be a point at which Akinator is completely unbeatable*.

*not accounting for misleading anwers
  • ^ I think that's the point.
  • edited 2011-06-21 20:41:11
    a little muffled
    Only if he acquires knowledge at a faster rate than new fictional characters are invented.
  • edited 2011-06-21 20:45:45

Then we should start adding characters that haven't been invented yet! Get ahead of the game!

-goes to tell Akinator about a magical Labrador in a robe and wizard's hat named Heffy-

• edited 2011-06-21 20:48:01
    This thing just answered, in ten questions, an obscure character I would've readily chosen had I thought about her (Madotsuki). Creepy.

Edit: And then he guessed in about 5 more questions the even more obscure character I was thinking of.

It's also the same character I had beaten him with on the French version, so they use a different database for each language (I didn't add the character).
    Even I've heard of Madotsuki.  She's from...that freeware game Yume Nikki, right?  Or maybe Higurashi.
  • edited 2011-06-21 20:53:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Let's try a really famous character.  See if I can get it in ten questions:

Objective: Fate Testarossa

Question #17: Is your character always dressed in black?  (my answer: probably/partially)
    Question #19: Does your character use a scythe? (my answer: probably/partially)
    Question #20: Is your character half-human? (my answer: I don't know)

after 20 questions: Konjiki no Yami (To Love-Ru)

FAIL

Question #24: Does your character wield electricity/lightning as a weapon?  (my answer: yes)

after 25 questions: Fate T. Harlaown (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha)

That took longer than I thought.  You disappoint me, Akinator.

Also, why is a figurine used as the picture for Fate.

Funny, he was expecting "no" for "Does your character have small breasts?".  I answered I don't know.  It depends on the season.
  • I beat him by using that one Robot Chicken sketch where the guy tells JK Rowling about a "magical raccoon; he has an afro, his name is Squiggles, and he shoots pixie dust out of his bumhole". Not sure so that's fair, really.

Somebody even made a picture of this raccoon:

http://tbustah.deviantart.com/art/Squiggles-the-Magical-Raccoon-45516839

• a little muffled
    @glennmagusharvey: Everyone knows StrikerS doesn't count.
  • edited 2011-06-21 20:59:12
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Lessee . . . I'm going to try a few with varying levels of obscurity.

He got Roy Greenhilt (Order of the Stick) after 27.

He got Takashi Kamiyama (Cromartie High School) after 20.

He got Eris (Asobi ni Iku yo!) after 39 (almost had him).

I beat him with Köinzell (Ubel Blatt), though I don't know for sure if I answered all the questions properly. And he was already in the database.

I also somehow got him with Pandaman (One Piece), though he was also in the database.
  • ^^^ I bet you know her because you're a troper. I've never seen Yume Nikki mentioned elsewhere except Nico Nico Douga.
    > @glennmagusharvey: Everyone knows StrikerS doesn't count.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z82/Glenn_Magus_Harvey/reaction images/001966-Link_Mah_Boi_by_zephyrcape.jpg">
  • I beat him plenty of times, sometimes even with the same character that he already had in his database (Yuuki Kei from Moyashimon) which he kept answering with some weirdo from the tatami galaxy.

I still think his guessing a lot of the time is quite impressive though.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Well done everyone for beating Akinator.
    Clearly this is because the characters you pick are from shitty franchises so no one else likes them so they never get into Akinator's Database. 

/troll

• a little muffled
    TBH I haven't actually seen StrikerS.

On a related note, I stumped it with Arf.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    @IanExMachina: Ignoring for a second the fact that your post was a trollpost, he didn't get a character from One Piece. So nyeh. :P
  • a little muffled
    That seems like it would be supporting his theory.
  • I beat him with a character from Spongebob Squarepants. Guess which?

[The ugly barnacle]
    @Nyktos: He said "so no one else likes them". One Piece has a huge fanbase.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    He got the Paedofinder General.
    I'm so glad of that.
  • edited 2011-06-21 21:04:24
    Best way to beat Akinator, it seems: use characters that other people refer to, but are never actually seen on-screen.
  • edited 2011-06-21 21:04:46
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > That seems like it would be supporting his theory.

lol irony
  • a little muffled
    @Everest: Clearly the answer is that One Piece fans don't count as people.
    ...unfortunately I don't have a picture of an angry StrikerS-unique character.  Maybe I need to make a screencap of an angry Schach Nouera.
    @Nyktos:

@DonZabu: That makes sense.
  • Do the creepy feeder things that barnacles have count as tentacles?
  • Beat him without thinking of something stupid. Bitches don't know about Wonderella.
    I can probably beat him with the Teen Girl Squad trolls.  As in, the ones who ask gloomykeyboardistlookikeephearingabout!so-and-so for her autograph, shortly before she obliges but is crushed by a d20 misidentified as a d12 immediately afterward.