If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

It's so fantastically easy to find episodes of anime...

edited 2011-06-17 01:29:02 in Webspace
~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
...but it's almost impossible to find any animation that isn't Japanese.

All I wanna to do is watch Dan Vs. episode 9! ;_;

What am I supposed to do during the upcoming car ride if I can't watch Dan exact his divine vengeance upon baseball?

Comments

• I'm having this problem with a book that isn't manga.
  • edited 2011-06-17 01:50:30
    Pony Sleuth
    Not that I don't like it too, but I have to wonder if Dan Vs. would be as popular if not for it airing on the same channel as pony.

Anyway, maybe the solution is to watch the stuff you can find to download on car trips, and save the ones you can only stream for when you can stream.
  • edited 2011-06-17 01:51:04
    It may very well have been a bit more popular, I suppose.

In any case, it is a fully awesomesauce show. Not much of a CHILDREN'S show, though...

...mayhaps Dan would be more suited to comedy central or something?
  • It's not that bad for kids, really. I remember watching Simpsons as a kid, and that seemed to be around the same level.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-06-17 01:56:58
    Not sure why, but I can't see Dan working on Comedy Central.

Also, I hate that I can't watch it On Demand.
  • edited 2011-06-17 01:59:46
    ^^Really? Huh, I've never watched the Simpsons. I know people who let their 5 year olds watch Family Guy, so This isn't so bad. Still doesn't feel kid-ish though. It's like some sort of weird dark comedy-sketch.

^I get a few episodes on demand, myself. I still want my internet viewing though.

• "I've never watched the Simpsons"

Next you're going to tell me you've never watched Loony Tunes or Star Wars.
  • edited 2011-06-17 02:07:37
    I didn't watch most of star wars until I was about 17, and I don't recall many Loony tunes. Or any of them. In fact, I think I've never watched them.

I know about it though, does that count?

Yes, I'm the sort of person who has a strange patch-work of knowledge, cannot operate a cellphone, and knows next to nothing about popular culture. Yet at the same time I can name all kinds of scattered and highly specific information.

Basically, I'm like Dan only much nicer and I have a better life.

• cannot operate a cellphone

ಠ_ಠ
  • edited 2011-06-17 02:09:28
    Why does everyone give me that reaction...

It was rather humorous to me, sitting in drivers ed today, as the teacher went on for about an hour to lecture us about texting and stuff.

Ahahahahhahaa how interesting-
    what the hell is a text message?
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I don't get out much. My time at my martial arts class is my entire social hour.

And I don't talk to anyone. Or have reason to. I live in a shell.

A linux shell.

• You can change. You can.
    I barely can operate a cellphone myself. But this is more because I haven't needed one in the history of ever.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    ^Thank you, Juan, for being in the same boat as me.
  • edited 2011-06-17 02:21:54
    Pony Sleuth
    How can a troper not be familiar with popular culture?

And cell phones are just like normal phones except there's a button that's usually larger and green that's pressed to answer calls or dial the number you entered, and a red one for hanging up. Besides that, there are just more options that you can usually navigate relatively easily with the four directional buttons and the OK button (and sometimes a cancel or back button).
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-06-17 02:20:27
    ^^,^^^And this is where I make some remark about being disappointed in you two before storming out of the thread.

-does just that-

^Also, that.
  • edited 2011-06-17 02:21:15
    ^^Call it unpopular culture that I'm familiar with. I've warmed up a bit, but otherwise I'm narrow. I'm like an unintended hipster or something.
  • edited 2011-06-17 02:23:18
    Pony Sleuth
    I do barely use my cellphone, but I have used it. It's useful if you're on your own somewhere and have plans to meet with someone, and better than a landline when you're in an apartment. I don't get out much, but I at least do sometimes.

Didn't you watch TV as a kid?
  • I'm having trouble like this. But with manga I like.

Can't find the later chapters of Akagi. Rose of Versailles isn't translated despite being 2 decades old.
  • edited 2011-06-17 02:35:17
    Tableflipper
    I think the reason why it isn't translated is because it is 2 decades old.

Wait.

I thought RoV was from the 70s.
  • I think the reason why it isn't translated is because it is 2 decades old.

This, most likely.

I thoughts RoV was from the 70s.

Also this.
  • You can change. You can.
    And cell phones are just like normal phones except there's a button that's usually larger and green that's pressed to answer calls or dial the number you entered, and a red one for hanging up. Besides that, there are just more options that you can usually navigate relatively easily with the four directional buttons and the OK button (and sometimes a cancel or back button).

No, see, I know that stuff. I was thinking more about smartphones and all that.
  • edited 2011-06-17 07:28:18
    "Didn't you watch TV as a kid?"

To a certain extent. I was stuck mostly with Fox kids and then later a bit of Disney. Even then though...
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    dominant country in animation pop culture: USA (secondarily Japan)
    dominant country in internet culture influence: USA
    dominant country in copyright law influence: USA

There's your answer.

In other news, I remember trying to find V.R. Troopers (a U.S. TV show, though not animated) one time.  It was extremely impossible.  All I could find was a torrent containing half the first season.
  • funnyguts: If you do, please, for goodness' sake, do not make the streaming fail on Linux like most non-YouTube flash streaming does.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I barely can operate a cellphone myself. But this is more because I
    haven't needed one in the history of ever.

Me Too. I actually had a cellphone, several years ago, but considering how much cellphone technology change by now, the experience probably wouldn't help me if I ever get a new one.
    @funnyguts: If you're planning to distribute freely, where do you expect your funding to come from?
  • edited 2011-06-17 21:21:56
    Funnyguts didn't say it'd be free.
    Then how do you plan to control torrent distribution?