If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I've decided to go back to hanging around TVTropes

edited 2011-06-14 21:07:35 in Webspace
Has friends besides tanks now
. . . and I need to get used to the different formatting again.

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Ooh, ooh! That was me!
  • Almost every time it's brought up it's immediately followed by lamenting and hatred. I admit I am no fan of the ordinary (or what I assume to be ordinary) state of affairs here, but I try not to bitch about it.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    -sighs-

This is definitely why I hang around Yack Fest less now.

And by "less," I mean "I still occasionally click on it by accident."
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    It is a shame. 
    I mean this forum can be good.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I like this forum.  :<
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-06-14 19:39:22
    Wait, are we talking about IJBM or TVT? I'm confyoozed. :C
  • Then why are people mentioning "this forum"?
  • edited 2011-06-14 19:42:56
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    @Bob
    I've been back for all of three hours and already someone dissed this place upon its mention.
  • edited 2011-06-14 19:44:02
    The thread is about people complaining about IJBM, aka "this forum".

Also I hope I didn't seem too mean when I said that "state of affairs" thing
  • edited 2011-06-14 19:44:27
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Actually, it was originally about how I have to get used to the difference in formatting between the forums. The IJBM dissing was just an aside, really, and I'd rather not dwell on it for too long.
  • Well then.

I can relate to that. There's a big difference between TVT's custom interface and TZ's vBulletin-with-some-modifications stuff and it felt weird when I started using the latter again.
  • TVT's custom interface needs to die a horrible fiery death
  • If it were ever to be replaced (which would probably not happen), I keep imagining vBulletin being the ideal alternative.

(I say it's not likely to happen because the old phpBB software had a security hole in it that hackers took advantage of)
  • Don't you have to pay for vBulletin, though?
  • edited 2011-06-14 19:56:36
    You do. Which would probably rule it out.
  • a little muffled
    I have never seen anyone dis this place on TV Tropes except Madrugada in that one thread.
    ^Did you not read the two pages of the thread leading up to that?
  • Which thread?
  • It's like being called a piece of shit by people who beat their wives.
  • a little muffled
    @INUH: Why would I do that? I only saw her post because it was linked.
  • ^^Or like being called pathetic by a bunch of lonely neckbeards.

...Wait...
  • I've heard "Vanilla" is good. It's used in that shitty forum that got spun off when IJBM was axed.
  • It's like being called a piece of shit by people who beat their wives.
    Which goes to show how shitty you must be.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Yeah, stupid IJBM. 
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Damn. What have I done? This has become one of those threads.

Inb4 "inb4 lock". I might have to edit my opening post (I shouldn't have included that in the first place, since we seem to bitch about TVTropes at every chance we get) and hope that the thread simmers down.
  • On that note, I still have no clue what we're talking about here.

And I still want to know what thread Nykki was talking about. :<
    I feel like our reputation with our parent site would be an important thing to talk about if we could do so without insulting it.
  • Bleeeehehehehegrhehehehrhehrgegegrgrgegheheeheehwwheeheeheeheeheehergeehrrjee
  • What I meant by that quote is being called insults by people who arguably have no right to call us worse than them.