If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ron Pauls Detractors being a bunch of Single Issue Wonks.

2»

Comments

• edited 2011-06-03 10:21:55
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The vast majority of society is worthless, idiotic sheep that possess nothing in the vein of intelligence

The vast majority of society would.

That is untrue.  There are people like that, but I wouldn't call the vast majority of society that.

Also, it's kind of condescending/egotistical to assume that you're better/smarter than the vast majority of society.
  • edited 2011-06-03 10:21:34
    You can change. You can.
    ^^^ Oh, lovely, generalizations.

I'll let someone with way much more patience answer that. Needless to say, I disapprove of very single word you posted that didn't come from me. That is all.

^ Ninja'd by the man who'll take my sword, apparently.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • edited 2011-06-03 10:23:30
    Forzare is That from Zero No Tsukihime?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    It's K-On.
  • Chagen,

I agree that sometimes mistreatment of people who are white based on race is considered fine while the same kind of mistreatment of people who are black is considered racist. It bothers me when I hear people using slurs for people who are white and laughing about how white people cannot eat spicy food or what have you without anyone saying that racism is bad no matter who the target is. That being said, I still think that racism against people who are black is far too high today and that while most people are less likely to be overtly racist, some still talk about black people as a group as if they are lazy and such.

I disagree with what you said about crime and race. I am fairly sure that people who are black are actually disproportionately represented in prisons which I think is quite unfortunate. However, I am not sure how much of that has to really do with racism though.

Forzare,
    That is untrue.  There are people like that, but I wouldn't call the vast majority of society that.

Also, it's kind of condescending/egotistical to assume that you're better/smarter than the vast majority of society.

I agree with this. I think calling people "sheeple" either is just an attempt to justify one's belief that one knows better than nearly everyone or a confession that one has given up on trying to help others gain that intelligence and think for themselves.

Also, I agree with Gelzo. I was under the impression that Ron Paul support tended to be coupled with really wanting to legalize marijuana.