If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ron Pauls Detractors being a bunch of Single Issue Wonks.

edited 2011-06-02 12:53:55 in Politics
Really this bugs the crap out of me people look at only one issue it seems and they're like OH NOES HE'S PRO LIFE! Never mind the fact that his record on the issue is actually closer to centrism and very reasonable on the issue, and that he has a valid reason for his views having medical training instead of the usual "god said so". Now i'm pro-choice myself but making it a states rights issue and restricting late term abortions is a reasonable position. Much better then the BAN ALL ABORTION types right? Am I the only one seeing this?

Comments

• Yeah, he's also a racist.
  • Really this? This? Yeah he got so me donations big fucking deal so racists like him does that make him a racist?
  • edited 2011-06-02 12:56:53
    Yes
    ron paul needlin

Ron Paul MLK
  • Not sure what to make of it. Off hand I can neither embrace it as truth or dismiss it as false.It doesn't seem to mention what legislation is being talked about, Ron Paul isn't specifically mentioned in that snippet form what I can see, You're not providing much information.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    You know what? I'm just going to say that I constantly confuse him for Rand Paul. 
  • I thought his supporters were the ones who were single-issue wonks.
  • That, and his demands that the law should stay out of private, social matters tend to disproportionately damage disadvantaged groups like the LGBT crowd, in a rather nice demonstration of insistence on deregulation mostly hurting those who are already disadvantaged.

He's an idealist unwilling to compromise with reality, and that makes him damaging and sometimes even dangerous as a political force.
  • And a racist, yes.
  • I'm not sure if earning the ire of the Republican party is good or bad.
  • If you earn the ire of the Republican party by being too bigoted and right-wing, then you've fucked up something fierce.
  • What do you mean too bigoted and right-wing? I think people are starting to think of Rand Paul or something.  Most of the Republican base don't like his socially left stances and what exactly is going to disadvantage people?
  • Honestly I think peopl.e are jumping to conclusions

http://www.ontheissues.org/ron_paul.htm

This page really explains his history and what he is about there are a few issues i'm skeptical about (such as the DC Adoption issue) But most of it seems fairly reasonable.
  • edited 2011-06-03 01:24:56
    Pony Sleuth
    1. I don't know much about him, but I haven't heard anything that's unique or appeals to me.

2. He doesn't have enough mainstream support to be a viable candidate, so his stances aren't important. It's not something that's worth caring about.

I'm not going to debate about whether he's a good candidate. That'd be pointless as hell.
  • Firstly...  barkers need to quit throwing the R-word around like it's going out of fashion.
    Secondly... free abortions for everyone (whether they want it or not)!
    Thirdly... sounds like the guy is a politician... therefore fuck anything he has to say, as it is likely false and / or irrelevant.

• edited 2011-06-03 06:58:35
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ Abortions for some, miniature American flags for the rest!
  • Myr, that article is correct. There is a giant double standard involving black and white people.

And before everyone pulls the "YUUUU RRRR RAAAACCEEEEEESSST" card, I'm half-black.
  • You can change. You can.
    Just because you're balck or halfblack doesn't mean you can't hate black people. 
  • Except I don't hate black people in the first place.

But, sometimes, when black people do do fucked up things to whites, it's excused, while a white person doing the same thing to a black person would be branded a horrible racist.

Also, if a white person just happens to see a black person commit a crime (not saying that all black people commit crimes, though the fact that I have to point this out is making my point), and testifies against him, the white person will probably immediately be branded a horrible racist that wants to jail an innocent black person. Even if that's not true.

Come on, you have to have heard of the Race Card.
  • edited 2011-06-03 09:59:15
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    The Race Card issue is exaggerated a lot.

Which is not to say it does not exist, just that it is not nearly as omnipresent as people like to portray it.

And racism in the opposite direction also still exists.
    Except I don't hate black people in the first place.

That's not the point. What I meant is simply that your argument is weak. If someone tells you you're being racist, saying "I'm black" doesn't automatically prove that you're not racist. Self-racism is a concept as old as racism itself.

But, sometimes, when black people do do fucked up things to whites, it's excused, while a white person doing the same thing to a black person would be branded a horrible racist.

I'm sure you mean excuse by society. And that's white man's guilt playing its part onto the whole thing. But any rational, intelligent man can see that someone's race doesn't matter when it comes to a crime.

Also, if a white person just happens to see a black person commit a crime (not saying that all black people commit crimes, though the fact that I have to point this out is making my point), and testifies against him, the white person will probably immediately be branded a horrible racist that wants to jail an innocent black person. Even if that's not true.

You really didn't need to point that out and it really doesn't prove your point. Why? Simple, none of us are stupid enough to believe that an hypothetical situation you just came up with implies that. It is hypothetical, for a reason.

Also, no, I haven't heard of the race card till now.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    But, sometimes, when black people do do fucked up things to whites, it's excused, while a white person doing the same thing to a black person would be branded a horrible racist.

Also, if a white person just happens to see a black person commit a crime (not saying that all black people commit crimes, though the fact that I have to point this out is making my point), and testifies against him, the white person will probably immediately be branded a horrible racist that wants to jail an innocent black person. Even if that's not true.

Please name one instance of either of these things happening, along with justification for calling it an instance of racism.
    Please name one instance of either of these things happening, along with justification for calling it an instance of racism.

You're gonna have to tell me how it isn't racist.
  • You know why do we not5 have nice racism? Racism always has to be mean. I mean Why can't we just make pleasant stereotypes?  Like oh those Koreans that fly! Cubans are all made of ice cream! Come on let's be positive for a change?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Positive discrimination is still discrimination.
  • I know but I heard it in a comedy routine on TV Recently and it struck me as amusing.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    How lovely.
  • But yeah discrimination is still discrimination no matter who it favors. Flies in the face of egalitarianism.
  • "I'm sure you mean excuse by society. And that's white man's guilt playing its part onto the whole thing. But any rational, intelligent man can see that someone's race doesn't matter when it comes to a crime."

The vast majority of society is worthless, idiotic sheep that possess nothing in the vein of intelligence, Juan.

"You really didn't need to point that out and it really doesn't prove your point. Why? Simple, none of us are stupid enough to believe that an hypothetical situation you just came up with implies that. It is hypothetical, for a reason."

The vast majority of society would.

And sadly enough, we must follow society's rules, not the correct rules.
    -sigh-