If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The General understanding of Libertarianism.

Comments

• @Tnu: I have a one word rebuttal to your argument. China.
  • People think I'm a worker.

Actually I'm just a me... who also works sometimes... but I'm not a worker.

• really? what can business be without workers? without anyone to do the necessary tasks to keep it afloat? Many resources are the wood but the workers are the foundation what is a business without its workers? Just a bunch of wood. What are you going to do with a bunch of wood?
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Are you suggesting we burn the workers as they are made of wood?
  • edited 2011-06-01 09:36:23
    An excellent little sentiment Soti. Much better to let them think you're a worker. Makes it so much easier to twist the knife in their backs.
  • edited 2011-06-01 09:49:58
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    bleh
  • no the management is the wood the workers are the foundation.  without the foundation holding the wood up  the wood is pretty worthless.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    The wood can dig into the ground and be its' own foundation, I'm afraid, Tnu.
  • Something you fail to understand Tnu. People are expendable. Very, very few companies actually care about people. To just about every major corporation on Earth a barrel of crude oil is worth more than you are. 
  • so if the management can run a factory on its own then why use the workers at all? Machinery is so much cheaper in the long run So why not just use that? If a business doesn't need workers why have them at all?
  • edited 2011-06-01 09:49:46
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    bleh
  • Bleh. Screw enterprises. It isn't enough to be on your own providing to the many.
    Better to be completely separate. Taking nothing and giving nothing. A hermit living off the land and all that...

The trouble with that is that resources are limited and pretty much all the good, moderate and tolerable ones have been taken already.  Try to lay down a counter-claim and the response will be predictably disproportionate.  Try setting yourself up in a nice bit of woodland and some upstart farmer will start complaining that you should get off his land....  Kill him to defend your isolated little niche, and the police will STILL track you down in the middle of nowhere to try and reassert authority over you and throw you back into the system.
    The alternative? Go do in Antarctica, where honestly nobody gives a fuck what happens to you.  Perhaps hope you can live entirely on penguin meat.

• I don't see how. you only have to pay the machines once and you don't have to give them benefits. You don't have to negotiate conditions. In the long run I don't see how that is less convenient then depending on humans if we're so expendable.
  • edited 2011-06-01 09:49:41
    bleh
  • It is not cathartic to whip a machine. Not even if you draw a sad little face on it with a marker.
  • Actually Soti, given the various international treaties governing the preservation of Antarctica people would most definitely give a fuck. 
  • which would probably result in a large boom in the engineering industry  It's still more cost effective for the business to use machines anyway repairs aside.  Why put up with the pesky humans who you ahve to pay on a far more regular basis? They can have their damn robots i'll die before I let them become my master.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Withdrawing from this debate. Tnu, go learn... the very basics of economics, please. Recognize that we do kind of need workers, because otherwise there are no consumers.

And... that's it. I'm out.
  • Antarctica is a big place. Like seriously the mind boggles at how big. And there aren't many people.
    Rest assured nobody would even know. One person's consumption of penguins would fall within the expected error-margin of penguin population change.  
  • Exactly without the workers ther eis no business and without business ther eis no profit if the workers are disatisfied with the situation they ahve the power to do something about it due to being a vital resource (unless you contredict what you said about the need for workers by saying machines can do it). Make up your mind are the workers an essential resource or easily replaceable?
  • Only if you're very good at hiding the bodies. You're going to have to eat a lot of fucking penguins to survive in Antartica. 
    They are both.

They are essential as consumers. Not as workers.

Jesus Christ.
  • @Tnu: Essential Resource and Easily Replaceable are not mutually exclusive concepts.
  • ... Actually, forget eating penguins ALL the time.
    I'll just steal from the survey teams like Yogi Bear or something.
    I'd probably have to eat fish too, which sucks because I don't eat fish.
    Maybe terns.... but they're too cool to eat. No pun intended.
  • What's your problem Cygan? so are the people the blood of the market or aren't they?  if they are then they hold the power over these businesses and if they aren't then why bother? You seem to be contredicting yourself.
  • How are you going to protect yourself from the elements? It's really fucking cold down there in case you didn't notice.
    I'm just letting someone else explain.
  • Honestly Cygan if it's such a horrible situation if it has to be by design then why bother with life? Things that you say honestly make me want to meet my own end out of sheer depression and lack of hope that the world will ever be any true good.
    -facepalm-

And a quick warning: Anyone who tries to encourage that line of thought will be met with a ban.
  • Again I'm going to have to bring up the point that there is no true good. Morality is subjective. All of it.