If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I apparently can't make any sockpuppets

edited 2011-05-30 01:39:19 in IJBM meta
Mexican fag
Why is this? I've used one of my other email addresses, but every time I try to log in it says "permission denied".  

Comments

• They most likely haven't been verified / accepted yet. Just wait a little longer and see if you can use them later.
  • OIC
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Glenn has to register them yet.

We don't want to be spammed with sockpuppets- and it's annoying to have to ban all your sockpuppets when we ban you too.
  • We don't want to be spammed with sockpuppets
    You're not doing a great job at it, then.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Nope- we know who owns all the sockpuppets.

"Spammed" would imply we have no idea who is who.
  • I think, when we make sockpuppets, we should PM a mod to let them know.
    You''re kind of supposed to. It's a) in the rules, and b) bad form not to tell Glenn when registering it.
  • Oh, we're supposed to send PM's? I figured it was enough to just explain in the registration form.

(I have two sockpuppets: Charlotte, which predates the current sockpuppet rules, and Pinkie_Pie; I'm fairly sure Glenn is aware both are me)
    Glenn sends the PM's out for you. W have lists of sockpuppets and their owners.

Probably be a good idea to thank Glenn, actually.
  • edited 2011-05-30 13:31:11
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Wait, what?

No, it's not PMs.

There's an approval form that you need to fill out to register a new account.  Basically, it's like a new account request, and then an admin (as of right now; I haven't figured out how to let mods do this yet) approves requests on the new accounts request list.

It's probably a good idea to say who you are when you're creating a sockpuppet account.  There's a little field called "why do you want to join?" or something, for you to fill out as you're requesting a new account.
  • That's what I've been doing the few times I created sockpuppets.

I suppose a PM afterwards wouldn't hurt, though, just to confirm the sockpuppet is who they say they are.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Does Death Of The Author apply to Sockpuppet makers and their sockpuppets, affecting anything they say with sockpuppets?