If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

White Whine

edited 2011-05-28 03:11:45 in Webspace
This is just... I don't even.

This entire site in a nutshell: "How fucking dare you express displeasure of any kind whatsoever?! Don't you know there are starving children in Africa?!"

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Ah, the starving children fallacy, and that site is a collection of facebook comments concerning white people complaining? I should read this.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I just... what
  • A lot of the quotes aren't even complaints. One guy is just saying he doesn't want to vacation alone and is asking if anyone wants to go with him.

The whole site seems to have been made by some incredibly bitter guy with a low-income job who takes his anger out on people who happen to have more money.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Ah, the starving children fallacy, and that site is a collection of facebook comments concerning white people complaining? I should read this. 

And twitter, and news sites, and anywhere else they can get their hands on it.
  • edited 2011-05-28 07:27:01
    Ugh I am getting so sick of this I abhor this contention No
    I'm dealing with my own problems on my own terms thank you very much.

• But you never had any to begin with.
    What is this I don't even.
  • edited 2011-05-28 07:04:07
    He's equating "has money" and "white".
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    To be fair, some of the complaints there are just really, really petty.
  • edited 2011-05-28 09:17:56
    Diet NEET

But framing everything through the colour of skin is also really, really petty. You could probably do the site through the frame of blacks, Mexicans or Asians if you so desired.

That said, the annoyance I feel problem pales in comparison to the daily pains oppressed groups go through, so I'll shut up now.

Edit: Another thing, these things are screencapped from FB. Do they either have lousy privacy settings, or does everyone displayed on that site have a slacktivist friend who scrounges the pages of his vaguely affiliated 'friends' to fuel his indignation?

• Clearly, they've never seen my facebook friends. Mexicans, blacks, asians, all gathered together to complain about things such as that.
  • The worst part is that this sort of site caters to self-congratulating asshats who believe that pointing out every minor thing as privilege will somehow change the status quo to not feel as guilty about their own privilege.
  • I believe that everyone, be they black, white, gay, straight, male, or female, are born with a set amount of complaining that they need to do before they die.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    That is an awesome pun.
  • edited 2011-05-28 11:13:38
    Someone should make "Pink Whine" for faggots who think they're being oppressed like blacks and Jews were.

Please don't take that seriously.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    It should be called "First-World Problems" or something like that, because it's an interesting concept. But the whole "Lol white people"attitude it's stupid

>in b4 we get featured there
  • This site takes shit way too seriously. Half of these are simple grumbles, not the "OH WOE IS ME I HAVE A PRUUUUUBBBBBLLLLLEEMMM" that the site thinks they are.
  • Fucking elitists, how do they work?
  • edited 2011-05-28 11:36:10
    (void)
    I have this site followed on my tumblr because some of the complaints are just hilarious.

And I'm pretty sure that it's called «white whine» solely for the pun.  Also, the creators have posted their own «Waah, my iPad isn't here yet!» whines.
  • "worst part about coming home to a newly renovated kitchen? no idea where the utensils are..."

--best part? being rich!--

See, I can try to like it, but this just comes off as bitter.

• I laughed at this one.
  • “…and, ya know, hope it doesn’t kill anyone, too.”
    This is not bad at all, unless you are totally averse to the idea of people travelling.
  • Chagen: I award you the Sarah Palin Award for Failing To Address The Argument You Are Allegedly Responding To.
  • Travel is what caused humans to emigrate from Africa, thus creating racial diversity eventually. Travel is the root of all racism.
  • This site takes shit way too seriously. Half of these are simple grumbles, not the "OH WOE IS ME I HAVE A PRUUUUUBBBBBLLLLLEEMMM" that the site thinks they are.

Pretty much this.

And how is it not hypocritical that there's often a quip complaining about the person's complaint? (I know they're not serious complaints, but as already stated, neither are a lot of these entries.)
  • …I don’t care how many ski vacations I have to go on, I’m going to stop him!
    This chick is 100% right.

Those pesky neutral Swiss and all their drama…
    Because complaining about the demeanor of the Swiss people is only something obnoxious rich white people can possible do.

And I want a book deal and a million dollars. We all struggle, my dear. 
    BAWWWWWWWWWWW I CAN'T AFFORD TO GO TO A NAIL SALON THIS LADY IS A BITCH
  • edited 2011-05-28 12:36:30
    I'm assuming you read the tunnel disaster scene in Atlas Shrugged, as this reminds me of an even pettier version of that. "Talk about What Do You Mean It's Not Heinous?". It's not like those are major complaints people are making, just minor grievances. If the point is to get people to have more perspective, that's a really tiny tree in the forest they're cutting down.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Hahahaa~, that website is awesome~.

Saved to mah favorites.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    This "White Whine" sure isn't doing any good things for my blood pressure.

Maybe I should try Red Whine.