If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Not everyone has read Homestuck.

edited 2011-01-08 15:22:57 in Media
Pony Sleuth
It doesn't bother me if it's not your thing, I just wish more people would give it a chance. Fucking none of my friends read it.

Comments

• I still don't even know what Homestuck is.

And the more people keep talking about it, the less I want to know.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Yes.

What is this homestuck thing.
  • edited 2011-01-08 15:33:30
    Pony Sleuth
    ^^That pisses me off even more.

Oh noes! Too many people like a thing, so I shouldn't check it out!

Non-pithy response: Really? Well, it's a webcomic with music, flash animations, and interactive sequences that are pretty high quality. The beginning starts out a little slow, but it gets really good. It's also funny as hell and the story is really interesting.

^Here's a link. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/
  • Homestuck is a webcomic with touches of web novel and web animation that riffs off the adventure game format to create an incredibly intricate plot.

Also, it has the trolls, who are amazing.
  • YOU TOLD ME IT WASN'T A WEBCOMIC

WHY DO YOU LIE TO ME
  • edited 2011-01-08 16:17:04
    Loser
    I thought Homestuck was some kind of special webcomic/multimedia experience. I would not know though because I have never read it myself.

Gelzo,
    I feel somewhat similarly about Sketchbook, but I have started to realize that I should not expect people to adopt my weird tastes and watch or read it. I doubt your situation is the same and I would not necessarily say that it would be a good idea to be more like me. I tend to hide my power level anyway, so recommending series I like to other people seems like fairly odd behavior for me.

Sorry about misspelling Homestuck at first by the way.
  • I've yet to get around to finishing TTGL, so other anime kind of has to wait.

Yes, Homestuck's medium is kind of hard to put simply, but webcomic is really the simplest thing to call it.
  • «I thought Homestruck was some kind of special webcomic/multimedia experience.»

That's pretty much what it is, except that you got an extra T in the name.
  • I used to think Homestuck was Homestar Runner and vice versa...
  • And now I'm imagining «Homestuck Runner»...

Karkat emails?
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Gamzee emails?
  • Let's hope not. The alternating caps are painful to read.
    I'll agree with you on that point.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Like so many things, Homestuck is ruined by overexposure. And I don't mean "popularity". I mean "saturation", when people talk about it all the time, it gets to a point where, regardless of how much/little I would've enjoyed it before, I simply can't.
  • I read a little of it after finishing Problem Sleuth in two days, but I just couldn't get into it.
    Fuck Homestuck's memes. If it doesn't make me laugh without me understanding it, it's not a funny meme to me. SO FUCK IT WITH A RUSTY ROD.

ARGLBLARGL.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-01-08 17:25:29
    So...what IS homestuck about? Like, plot wise, not genre wise, or art wise.
  • edited 2011-01-08 17:27:23
    But you never had any to begin with.
    ^^ Stop giving memes tetanus! They're already infectious enough as it is!

^ In very VERY brief: The end of the world, a virtual reality RPG/Sims game thing, and time travel.
  • edited 2011-06-09 19:58:21
    Cue-bey
    Kids stuck in their homes.
  • Yeah, doesn't sound too interesting to me.
  • If that don't work, use more gun.
    Much more different than it sounds.
  • The problem is that Homestuck's plot is so complicated that any such description like that is going to only describe a single facet of the plot.
  • @mario: Well then, y'all are clearly doing a bad job at advertizing this.
    AHR: The last plot recap by the author was over 5000 words long.
  • Considering how popular it is, does it need advertising?
  • It just, well, bugs me that people won't give it a look. The animation and music are really cool as a standalone thing, but it's cooler if you know what's going on.

Jade: Enter is a good example. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004827 Spoilers ahoy, but if you aren't going to read it anyway...

Also, yes. Homestuck fans- like any fanbase- tend to be annoying as a group, and they really need to cool it on the memes.
  • «Considering how popular it is, does it need advertising?»
    Homestuck isn't that popular, it's just popular here.
  • Like I said, my main gripe is that my friends don't check it out.

Hell, there's no one on my Facebook that posts insipid fan crap. And one of them plays Touhou.
    "Homestuck isn't that popular, it's just popular here."

Which is actually kinda funny. Didn't the author express disdain for Tvtropes on several occasions or do I think of someone else?
  • Disdain? Maybe. He likes to joke.

He has a link to the TvTropes article about his work on his site.