If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"You can't ban me, I have freedom of speech!"

edited 2011-05-24 01:55:32 in Webspace
But you never had any to begin with.
Whilst I cannot speak for the frequency of this statement occurring on most sites, the frequency that this comes up in the Kongregate chatrooms is frankly amazing. It appears that people forget that they agree to the terms of the site during registration, and then proceed to act as if they have free reign to act as they will without action being taken. On a more minor note, a lot of the aforementioned individuals seem to expect me to know the US constitution by heart. ...Or at all.

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    If they don't own the site, the owner can stop them from saying it on something that belongs to them.

It's like being able to write hatespeech in another person's notebook that they let you use. If they don't want you to, they can deny that from you.
  • edited 2011-05-24 01:58:24
    You can change. You can.
    IJBM: That people think that the constitution applies to everything.

It's like being able to write hatespeech in another person's notebook that they let you use. If they don't want you to, they can deny that from you.

Gee, I wonder where you got that from?
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Hell, I've seen people assume that the constitution applies to /other countries/.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Like mine.

Fuck that noise.
  • You can change. You can.
    More to the point...dude, you got banned, deal with it. You've been a nuisance, you get the fuck out. Simple, really.
    You are talking about the same people who seem to think racial slurs are an excellent method of conversation. I'm not sure they understand "simple" concepts.
  • No rainbow star

One day I'd like to see this:

"YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO ME FREEDOM OF SPEECH!"

"Our country doesn't have freedom of speech. I wish it did, but sadly it is wasted on morons such as yourself. Please, NEVER come back" PERMABAN FOR LIFE

:3 It would make me feel giddy inside :D

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I'm Australian. Can I use my mod powers with Australia's rules, which do not include your Constitution?
  • This is a cliché, but a forum is not a democracy.  Mods can ban for any reason or none at all.

Not to say that no mod, on any forum, has ever started tossing bans around for complete jerkass reasons, or anything.  My point still stands.

^^ Australian Rules?

^^^ It's been tempting before, but I somehow think the admins would take umbrage with that. Plus, on Kongregate, only the admins have permaban abilities, not mods. We used to be able to, but that was also back when we could ban ourselves...

I don't like football.
  • edited 2011-05-24 04:16:01
    Then clearly you must choose some other sport as the rules to run the forum by.

(Don't mind me, I'm still up at 5 AM and feeling nonsensical)
    I vote Cricket.
  • How about football?

...The other football?
  • edited 2011-05-24 04:23:24

But cricket is evil... :< ...Then again, so is football. 

Sport is evil in general.

Tennis?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-24 04:26:17
    Why not chess, then? It's not a sport, but still has all the benefits of nerds pretending that it's a sport!
  • Maybe the rules of this site should be based on something that's not at all like a sport.

Like the parking regulations on South Fourth Street!
  • edited 2011-05-24 04:28:18

^^^ Good point.

^^ Running a site by chess rules would be needlessly complicated.

• ^^Hmm... I like it!
  • edited 2011-05-24 04:28:33
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    ^^^ Booooooooo
  • ^ A bit like golf, snooker, bowling and darts then?
  • ^^ Sorry, booing is prohibited from 9 AM - 6 PM weekdays.

(Amusingly, I have no clue what time it is where you are)
  • edited 2011-05-24 04:29:54
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Yes.

^ 7:30 PM.