If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who bash JRPGs

2»

Comments

• Aye, It's a good read. I always appricate reading deep criticism like that.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I'll get around to reading this later today.
  • Actually, the first Fable has been the only one I enjoyed. I recently started playing the second Fable and just finished the Crucible and I'm so incredibly bored with it already. Combat boils down to "summon dead, charge lightning, use first level time control to warp and cut the remaining enemies down." And the spell charging is frustrating. In Fable 1 you had a spell assigned to hotkeys (playing on a PC) and you pressed the button and expended mana/will to cast it. Really simple limits. Now you can just spam low level spells indefinitely.

The menu is terrible and takes up far too much time. It's like cycling through index cards to figure out which gear is the best and what you have enough money/xp to buy. So I mostly ignore it and just try to get to the quests without bothering to play with my gear or clothing too much.

Not that I'd want to. Every weapon looks pretty similar and I don't really need them because Will powers are far more efficient. The weapons don't even have the depth and variety that Fable 1 had. I enjoyed using my obsidian katana with a fire augment to chain combos through a camp full of bandits before ripping them to shreds with the overpowered Holy spell. Now I just stand and charge lightning and pick the enemies off from a distance. I just wish I could unequip my weapons so I could stop watching them clip through each other.

And clipping brings me to clothing. I understand that the character can change and become huge or tall or whatever, but that's no excuse for me equipping the Ranger coat and suddenly having a three foot long chest. There are plenty of games with excessive character customization that manage to make it look like the clothing actually fits the character. The Will User outfit, which was my favorite in Fable 1, now looks like a flowing footballers outfit with the huge shoulder pads.

Anyway, the point is, Fable 2 feels really unpolished to me. I'd suggest giving Fable 1 a go, funnyguts, but try to get it on PC.
  • I JUST FIGURED OUT WHAT TEAL DEER MEANS!!

HAY HAY! I LEARNED WHY ITS CALLED THAT FINALLY.

TeaL DeeR

I feel so smrt