If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The only reason I think something is stupid and/or horrible...

edited 2011-05-19 12:34:39 in Meatspace
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
...is because somebody tells me it is. I never try to experience anything for myself, and if enough people are making fun of it or dislike it, I will dislike it for the reasons they tell me, or say it's boring, predictable, trashy and stupid like I actually experienced said thing is.

Apparently I am the only person in the entire world who does this. I am special and important, somehow.

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    The reason I say this is because I think Twilight is really good.
  • Apparently I am the only person in the entire world who does this. I am special and important, somehow.

I doubt that's true, as evidenced by the prevalence of Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch.

That you're the only person who does that I mean. I'm sure that you're special and important in your own way! =P
  • You can change. You can.
    Vorpy: You kidding? I mean, I don't have a problem against Twilight (I disliked it, personally) but I never thought you, of all the people in the whole damn planet, would like it.

• and as for my reaction ~points to avatar~
  • Naw, I can see Vorpy liking it.
  • Not such an earth-shattering position to take: I actually think the Twilight films, which are the only exposure I have to the franchise, are on the above side of average. Thus far I have not regretted the money spent on taking my wife to see them in the theatre.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I once started playing FFVII, years after hearing about all its criticism.

I never got that far.  First, it was a PC version and kept on crashing in XP.  Second, it was tedious.
  • The N64 version of Daikatana was a fun game.
  • also where is that head exploding in t5o bloody chunks pic?
  • YES, NOW I CAN DISCREDIT EVERYTHING VORPY SAYS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • You can change. You can.
    ...you didn't?
  • The fact Vorpy likes Twilight makes her hipper than all of you.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    But fucking PANDA BEAR!
  • @Twilight: I can't wait to see how they depict the "blood fountain" scene from Breaking Dawn on film without garnering an NC-17 rating.

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I hear it might end up being rated R. 
  • I do this, to a degree. But I am completely content with it. If I feel a person has a more educated, more well thought out opinion or analysis of something than I do, why SHOULDN'T I redefine my own stance?
  • edited 2011-05-19 16:52:47
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    YES, NOW I CAN DISCREDIT EVERYTHING VORPY SAYS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You did anyway. It's not like it's hard, or you need to meet SOME conditions to discredit what I say you know.

I am not like a linear RPG game that requires you to grind for the ability to ignore what I say.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^ Perhaps they just want to grind you.
    But they can't grind me because of the fact that it doesn't take much effort to disappoint me.
  • edited 2011-05-19 17:05:08
    Well shit; I've been grinding all day trying to get there. But now I don't get anything for my troubles. You know, except that restraining order.
    Well the restraining order is only there to appease the hardcore players and to stop them from hating on the casual players.
  • How come I don't get a restraining order?
  • That's why I eventually decided to read through (and liveblog) the entirety of Atlas Shrugged. It wasn't as bad as everyone said. It was worse.

On the flipside, hearing how bad the Cardcaptors dub was strongly motivated me to rewatch it again so I could check if I was crazy for actually liking it.

• I liked twilight until everyone dissed it.

What the hell, people? Leave me my guilty pleasures!
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I know that the Cardcaptors 4Kids dub was unfaithful to the original, but I don't know whether that means it was poor in quality.  Like, if you wanted to get an actual story out of it, did it make sense, and such.
  • edited 2011-05-19 22:39:11

It was actually done by Nelvana (and there's a long story behind it). I personally enjoyed it, but mostly since I had grown attached to the dub voices (particularly Nicole Oliver as Meilin). I believe it's still a pretty good children's show on its own merits (certainly something I'd rather watch over a bunch of others), and despite the edits, it maintains some internal consistency, though there are several really stupid cultural edits (particularly the episode with the fair). The plot doesn't make much sense if you think about it too much, but that's a problem with the show in general and not so much the dub.

The primary criticism I have encountered is that Li is made the main character over Sakura, but that's really only present on the KidsWB broadcast, and mostly because about half the episodes were not shown. Other Anglophone countries got all the episodes.

I am going to watch the english dub of Higurashi.
  • I can't really fault anyone for enjoying things that suck.
    fault

what?