If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Racists

2»

Comments

• I started reading the thread linked and what the holy christ.

I will say that the OTC forum has been leaving a sour taste in my mouth lately. I'm basically just going to limit myself to the Egyptian/Middle Eastern Protests thread for a while, and see if things calm down.
  • Ukon reminds me of a more extreme version of me.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    We should invite Ukonkivi here if he isn't here already.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    OTC has basically turned into the old IJBM at its worst. By that I mean, every time I read it it leaves me frustrated and angry, yet I keep going back for some masochistic reason.
  • Because you never know what you might see.

I don't think Ukon is as bad as the OP implies.  I have Chagen's post to thank for that, since I was ready to write him off as a bigot, which wouldn't have been fair.

So yeah, I have been petty here.
  • edited 2011-05-17 13:45:51
    Despite being the one to link to that thread, I'm... not sure I'm following this thread's reactions to that one. I don't see why Ukonkivi's posts are inducing rage, rather than pity.
  • edited 2011-05-17 13:51:52
    Because you never know what you might see.
    Posts 28, 32 and 35 were the ones that made me react like that.  I shouldn't have, but it was a knee-jerk thing.

I guess I was kind of disgusted.  It wasn't a rational response.

Actually, can we just either close the thread or make it about racism in general?  Because as it stands it's pretty much just me being an asshole.
  • I'm less enraged and more resigned to the fact that the average level of mental health amongst Tropers who frequent OTC seems to be steadily declining.

And I don't mean that in an insulting way: I am genuinely concerned for the mental health of several OTC regulars.
  • That Ukon thread is.....what.....I mean.....what....?

H-H-How c-could he seriously just say that he reads stormfront and likes it? I mean......WAT
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    ^ Yeah, see, that was pretty much how I felt.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Wait, am I missing something here? I thought that Ukon was just taking racist trolling shit way too seriously and was getting seriously distressed by it, not that he actually liked what they were saying.
  • edited 2011-05-17 14:37:03
    Because you never know what you might see.
    Stormfront is an actual racist forum.  In the same thread he also expresses approval of people who have been the centre of racist controversies and expresses the view that if white supremacists are OK with him taking an interest in Asian culture, he doesn't care that they're prejudiced against everyone else.

Though really, it was the whole "Hahahahaha this feels deliciously evil" bit that got to me.

Mostly, I think what you said is spot on, but there were several posts there where I was bothered by the direction he was taking it.  But like I said, it was petty of me to make a thread about it.  I was just far angrier than I should have been.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    How does one like Stormfront and not get shit for it? I mean, doesn't most of the Internet know it as "that site full of racists"?
  • edited 2011-05-17 14:53:19
    @Bobby: Now I think I see what you're getting at. I tl;dr a bunch of Ukonkivi's posts and read the replies instead, before going back at them. I unknowingly found out it's better to know where he's coming from before actually reading his posts.

@Chagen and GLORIOUSLeader: Stormfront has discussions about Northern European culture (obviously, for all the wrong reasons), the thing is that he takes everything they (and Youtube comments and such) say about everything seriously.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    But the Internet is SrZ bIdNeSs.