If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Racists

edited 2011-05-16 22:29:34 in General
Because you never know what you might see.
Fuck them with a length of spike-encrusted 2x4.

And by the way, you know that feeling you get when you've defended somebody, tried to help them, even felt kind of sorry for them, and then they've turned out to be as terrible as everybody was saying they were all along?  Yeah, fuck that, too.

Comments

• edited 2011-05-16 22:31:10
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Bobby, don't be racist against racists.

/notserious

Fuck racists.  Fuck 'em all.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I hate that too. Happened when I wanted to support the people being picked on at my school, until I realized they were just a bunch of socially distorted assholes with narcissism issues.

Racists though, not so sure about. I advocate the belittling of those who willingly adhere to race-based stereotypical behavior, whether it be the place they are born in or the trend they are portraying.
  • Hating racists isn't going to make them change their ways.

All it really does is make them gain a victim complex and start thinking that they must be right because everyone else hates them.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Y'know, Chagen, that was really profound.  You're right.

I'm still kinda pissed off, though.
  • edited 2011-05-16 22:36:39
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    What inspired this?  (because I have a feeling that I know what did...)
    Uh. >_>

Do you read OTC?

I feel really petty now.
  • edited 2011-05-16 22:41:06
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I am kind of (racist?) against ghettotrash, or the ghettotrash culture (since I have seen some natives and whites portray this disgusting fucking lifestyle).

People who grow up in shitty neighborhoods and advocate gang activity, drug marketing and general assholery. The ones that think reporting illegal activity to police is bad and you should be killed for it, the ones that think using intimidation to get whatever they want is an activity worthy of respect. The ones that think stealing shit from your kids or a kindergarten school kitchen is "the way of life".
    The only thing that sounds racist about that is the fact that you think it's racist.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    That made me laugh more than it should have...
  • Attacking AcceptableTargets is not really all that impressive in my book.
    It made me giggle. 4/6.
  • edited 2011-05-17 01:05:35
    Pony Sleuth
    ^^IJBM isn't about impressing people. It's about complaining.

And yeah, the prevalence of racism is probably something that bothers me more than racists themselves. I'm not too concerned about racists making asses of themselves, but it does bother me that strangers and acquaintances won't always take it for granted that I'm not a racist. It also bothers me when people put on the racism goggles and see racism where there isn't any. And don't get me started on token characters.
    Yes, I made this thread to complain, not to impress CommandoDude.

I find that, mostly, people seem to assume that I'm not racist.  Not always, but mostly.
  • edited 2011-05-17 01:45:15
    I'm heavily prejudiced against black people.

I hate that part of me, I think it's disgusting and I want to stamp it into the ground, but when everyone you know is white and prejudiced and you haven't known a single black person in a year, it starts to infect your mind a bit. I know, intellectually, that most of the things my friends and family think about black people is full of shit or can be explained by means other than race, but my gut instinct feels differently, and I just get so sick of fighting it. Sometimes I feel like carving my own eyes out so I can't judge anyone by their skin.
    Do you know any horrible black people by name that you hate, that weren't featured in the news or are celebrities?
  • edited 2011-05-17 01:48:26
    Pony Sleuth
    Yeah, for some reason I think I have an instinctual negative reaction to black people sometimes, but I think that's just because I'm not used to being around them. I didn't really have this reaction to the few black classmates I had, so I'm not too worried about it.

^I know this one black guy who was a huge dick and spat on me on the bus for playing Pokemon.
    ^ Then you probably are just a stereotype hater, rather than a race hater.

Also, why the FUCK are there more people online on this site than ours?

556 people? In this weird racist site I found looking for shitposting material which is like the old hidden board "Racism" on 4chan called /ngr/.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

• edited 2011-05-17 01:57:39
    No, that's not it. It's like every single time I meet a black person who fits even one of the stereotypes, it gets reinforced. It sticks.

^ Like that. I don't want to think of black people as constantly playing the "race card", and that's not helping, even though it's perfectly innocent and there's nothing suggesting anything like that in the gif, just "the poster is pointing out that that's racist".
  • edited 2011-05-17 01:58:03
    It's a built-in self-defense biological system. Your instincts are to fear and/or hate those you observe to be different from your tribe.

Humanity's biology sucks like that.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    except that site is kind of

you know

racist
  • Recent issue of Third Text I read actually pointed out that Britain's shifted too far into the other direction: the policy of multiculturalism has made it taboo to discuss its failings(a sort of enforced cultural essentialism on minorities, leading to a form of cultural apartheid), which played into the hands of the BNP(can upload the thing if anyone's interested).

My bias seems to mix with classicism/intellectualism most of the time: I'm only averse to minorities when they look shabby or display the same dropout douchebag mentality as their white thrash equivalents Sjonnie and Anita.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    There was a racist apology thread in OTC?
  • edited 2011-05-17 07:58:38
    Did this come about by Ukonvivi's thread?

Because that one made me wut.
  • Which thread?

I MUST SEE THIS
  • edited 2011-05-17 08:25:23
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13055763080A13708700&page=1

I had no idea Ukonvivi had those issues. He seemed completely ok with everything when talking about Touhou.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    ^ Huh, how depressingly infuriating. How Bobby managed to put up with it as long as he did without ragequitting, I'll never know.
  • edited 2011-05-17 10:39:45
    Loser
    Chagen,

Hating racists isn't going to make them change their ways.

All it really does is make them gain a victim complex and start thinking that they must be right because everyone else hates them.

I think that is a really good point.

From what I can tell, most people today (at least in U.S.) generally do not have racist feelings just because they think that certain races are inherently inferior or something like that. It seems to me that instead of that rather obviously wrong racism, people are more likely to latch onto ideas that are associated with people of a certain race and criticize them instead.

For example, if someone really dislikes rap and clothing styles that he or she associates with rap, that person may (consciously or unconsciously) have a negative perception of people who are black because he or she links them to his or her distaste for rap. I guess this is kind of related to what Vorpy was talking about though I certainly do not believe that she is racist.

I think the key thing there is see people as they are, not how their interests might make them out to be.

I have seen something similar with labeling and generalizing entire races based on the idea that there is such a thing as a "Asian culture," a "Black culture," or a "Hispanic" culture. I mean, to a limited extent I think those things exist, but I do not believe that families of the same race are really the same. I feel like there is diversity among people of the same race just as there is diversity among people of different races. Sorry, I guess that was kind of obvious.

Similarly, I dislike the idea that if one is the only person with a certain race somewhere, one can or should "represent" that race. I mean, just as I have felt rather uncomfortable when people want me to say what someone of my sex would think about something, I think that trying to act like a single person can represent everyone who happens to share a race with him or her is rather silly.

Personally, I really dislike discussing race because I think such discussions tend to lead to people making strange generalizations or saying stupid things.