If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How Avatars influence how I view you guys and how I act

edited 2011-05-01 14:03:16 in IJBM meta
No rainbow star
For example, with Bob's current avatar (the collage), I see her as more chaotic and wild, likely to mess things up for her own enjoyment With my last two avatars, I felt more shit posty than I do now With Dyre's avatars, I always expect some sort of childish behaviour, even if they don't act like that With Tnu's, I expect some sort of older man with high morals and a strict opinion of how everybody should act, while still being jokey So, am I the only one? Does anybody else expect certain behaviour or act a certain way due to avatars? And please no insults. Just purely how the avatar makes you feel. We can easily tell how the person in question actually acts. You can state how an avatar influences your own behaviour though

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    It depends. For example, I'll always think of you as the Nyan cat guy. Vorpy is someone I'll always be able to recognize. 
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ^ Why?
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    ^ Your avatar choices are... unique, to say the least.
  • edited 2011-05-01 14:23:39
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    The stuff you say, mostly. 

And I almost forgot Komodin. I always think of him as the Nintendo fanboy. 
  • ...Nintendo fanboy?
  • edited 2011-05-01 14:28:19
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ^^^ How are they unique? Because they are not anime girls? The most I have had was a Nyuu avatar, a AE-tan avatar, and diz moi bitchuu.

Well I guess not having an anime girl avatar sets me above everyone else.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I have an anime girl avatar! Kinda...
  • edited 2011-05-01 15:40:43
    I have a two anime girls avatar!

My last one had two anime girls too... maybe.  I'm not sure if I used that avatar here...
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I think you did
  • edited 2011-05-01 15:47:13
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^^^^ Yes. Mario is in nearly all of Komodin's avatars. Haven't you been paying attention?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    That's not Mario,it's Awesome Possum
  • This happens to me too, but I've never really found it a huge problem.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Is my avatar an animé girl?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    its a VG girl. WHo I don't know who it is.
  • edited 2011-05-01 16:12:05
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I have this quite a bit.

The person's avatar influences how I read their post, the tone and other stuff.

The best example is with Rottweiler:
    His dog avatar means I read all his posts as slightly more aggresive, whereas on Tvtropes forum for real the last avatar of a cute griffon enthused his posts with light heartedness and gave a relaxed impression, almost playfulness.

The kinds of Avatars I don't really associate anything with (in general) are stereotypical looking anime ones. Also cluttered avatars like Bob's have nothing, neither do album covers.

My own avatar has no effect on my own posting. 

• edited 2011-05-01 16:12:16
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    The character in my avatar is in the animesque style but was created, drawn, and animated by Americans.

It's Zoe from Monster Tale.  Her battle theme is AWESOME.
  • I started thinking of myself as less serious when I was using GlassgirlRobot/KawaiiJohn as avatars.

I think I like the phallusbird's lack of facial expression.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I wonder what my avie does to how I'm perceived...
    A whiny-looking unicorn.
    Perfect.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    See TMA's avatar  is too cropped for me, even though I know who it is, it carries no inbuilt feelings/tone for me.
  • TMA's avatar creeps me out because I don't know what the full version of that picture looks like, and from the cropped version, I can only assume ponysex.
    She's licking a mirror.

...which is something that I've actually done...

• You can change. You can.
    All your avatars annoy me. There you go. 

Except GMH's. And Cygan's. And Rotty's. And Vandro's.

That's it.
  • edited 2011-05-01 20:40:55
    ^^ I see.

Because, see, she's blushing and sticking her tongue out and generally looking ridiculous.  That's... most of the requirements of ahegao which is... some stupid face that is sometimes seen in hentai.  Therefore, that picture looks like she's having sex.  The only thing that's missing is that her eyes aren't rolled up.

Knowing that she's licking a mirror... doesn't actually change how I see it though...
    That looks more like a camera smudge than a blush to me.
    ^^*considers editing it to make eyes rolled up*

"she's blushing and sticking her tongue out and generally looking ridiculous"

Yup, that's me alright.
    You're a blue female unicorn who looks cartoonish?
  • edited 2011-05-01 20:57:50
    Of course he is! And I'm a major US highway that originally ran from New Jersey to California but now only runs from New Jersey to Utah.

Edit: New Jersey, not Maryland. Anorak fail. (I was confusing it with Interstate 70)
    I thought you were a princess.