If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The attitude some tropers / IJBMers have towards certain opinions

2»

Comments

• There are enough people on this site alone who only talk with condescension, snide commentary and feigned indifference.
  • Is it just one of those things that one would have to pretend not to be ticked off by if they wanted to stay here / on TVTropes?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    If they are feigning indifference, call them out for not being indifferent enough and devoting too much time to trying to act like they don't care about what other people say when they care enough to reply. Don't let them get away with the "Oh this doesn't count since I can still not care while I reply to your thread telling you I don't care."
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I'll admit I'm guilty of it, too. I suppose it's negated by the fact that IRL I actually do care, but the same may not be necessarily true for the ones mentioned in the OP. 
  • I guess what really bugs me is that certain users tend to equate certain opinions or preferences with low intelligence or a generally unsavory personality. For example, if I were to admit that I like Ke$ha, pretty much everyone here would assume I was another mindless bimbo that likes shitty music (not to say I'm not, but that's a different topic entirely).
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^ This.
  • Aaaaaaand this is where everyone does start thinking of me as a mindless bimbo that likes shitty music and starts ignoring this thread.

Fabulous!
  • Honestly, all I was thinking about was this:

• edited 2011-04-28 23:20:11
    Woki mit deim Popo.
    ^^ Given the fact I listen to Helloween, ABBA, Duran Duran, Boston, Village People, etc. I don't think I'm in position to say one's taste in music is crap.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-28 23:21:30
    ^^That actually reminds me that I was going to make that IJBM, all because of this picture.

John Travolta?

^You're probably among the few. And all of those are awesome.
  • >implying ABBA is crap
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:22:05
    Woki mit deim Popo.
    Blasphemy!  :P  So you rather listen to Dschinghis Khan?
    MOSKAU! MOSKAU!
    Abba is okay but I only heard one song. I just recall that I thought it was okay.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    ^^ After hearing more of Dschinghis Khan stuff, I think like Rocking Son of Dschinghis Khan and Loreley more.

^ What ABBA song did you listen to?
    The winner takes it all.
  • But... I love Duran Duran...
    Smell like I sound and I'm lost in a crowd

I'm hungry like the me.
    IJBM: When I read "Duran Duran" I think of Natsuki's CHILD from Mai-HiME
  • edited 2011-04-29 16:56:55
    Loser
    Bob,
    I
    guess what really bugs me is that certain users tend to equate certain
    opinions or preferences with low intelligence or a generally unsavory
    personality.

I agree that that can be annoying. While I am admittedly not an expert on music, I think that musical elitism is rather silly. I feel the same way about the idea that certain tastes in games, TV shows, or comics are inherently superior to others. Still, I thought that the type of elitism I just described is why some people really dislike hipsters. If that is true then  I do not quite understand why some of the same people would use that same kind of logic to justify why they believe their own tastes are better.

Unfortunately, I think sometimes people just make assumptions about people based on their interests as you said. I have seen the same kind of thing with judgements made about manga/anime fans so I see hiding one's power level in real life as often preferable to flaunting it.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    • IJBM: When I read "Duran Duran" I think of Natsuki's CHILD from Mai-HiME

So I'm not the only one?
  • You can change. You can.
    Not, but you both are.
    No, we aren't "the only one", we'd be "the only two".