If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

We can't have forum games

edited 2011-04-25 17:24:01 in IJBM meta
No rainbow star
You can use wonder posts and twisting words as much as you'd like. I still don't think it would be possible to have forum games here

Comments

• Not that we really need them. TvTropes's Forum Games Jumped The Shark a long time ago.
  • Round the time the Forum Lust Game became exclusively genderbending.
  • Or around the time they all became "Do X to the above person" with a "Do X to the above avatar" snowclone.
  • No rainbow star
    Well I'm sure we'd have FAR more MATURE and SOPHI-Ok I started laughing around this point
  • Forum games have never been good, on any forum.
  • edited 2011-04-25 18:31:43
    Because you never know what you might see.
    Shit, that reminds me I need to update my thread there.

I liked the original Controversial Statement.  That kind of game happens here, but somehow it's never as funny anymore.

The old Troper Shipping thread was fun, but I heard it jumped the shark.

Last Person To Post In This Thread Wins was a pretty epic wonderpost thread until Fast Eddie shut that shit down.  We could probably manage something like that here.

The other FG thread I remember liking a lot was Who Are You People?  What Is This? but that was mostly because of the epic derail.  Oh, and Snail Is Stupid was funny for the first few pages, but it got old fast.

ITT: Vorpy Tries to Count to 19 is kind of similar to the counting games that were there at one point, but those were more recent.
  • edited 2011-04-25 18:40:42
    I liked the old Forum Games because they felt more personal. I could get fun, relevant responses from Signature Response Game and Push The Above Troper's Berserk Button among others. The new forum games only consider your superficial features, if they consider you individually at all.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Push The Above Troper's Berserk Button was fun back when everybody knew everybody, but now I have no idea how to play it.  Same goes for the one about flanderising the above poster.
  • We sort of did the flanderising one here at one point. It turned out alright, aside from people trying to flanderise themselves.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ^ that has happened so many times here.
    Y'know, this is a pretty small forum right now.  I think this might be worth an experiment.
    Y'know, I could have sworn it took longer for the TVTropes thread to derail into an insult-fest.

I think this experiment proved something, but I'm not sure what.
  • This may not come as much of a surprise, but I love that thread way more than I should.

...Also, sorry.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Easy: it proves that the freedom of no TVTropes constraints wills us to post in a meaner, more insulting manner. 
  • There's a limit to how many times you can actually press a berserk button before it loses effectiveness. After that, generic insults ensue.
    Yeah, it's probably lesser probability of ban + fewer people to insult.

Oh well, it amused me, anyway.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Yeah. I feel pretty bad about some of the stuff I'm saying in there, but it's the most fun I've had in a while.

Though I'm still curious as to how much of it people mean . . .
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    It is very fun, although I don't mean a lick of it.

And no, I'm not reading off of note cards. 
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 21:40:27

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost, pseudo flaming]

• edited 2011-04-25 19:59:57
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Damn, it's hard pretending to be witty for so long.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 21:40:36

[Comment deleted]

• I wonder what Fast Eddie would think if he saw that thread.
  • edited 2011-04-25 20:13:22
    Because you never know what you might see.
    That this community was "not known for its creativity or truly original humour".

And he'd be right.

(I don't mean any of it, either, if that wasn't obvious.)
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 21:40:46

[Comment deleted]

• edited 2011-04-25 20:18:39
    If that don't work, use more gun.
    Eh, yeah, forum games suck now.  Not sure why I still participate in them.  Then again, they're supposed to be for fun and all that.  I'm still sickened and dumbstruck at the Forum Lust Game's transformation.
  • edited 2011-04-25 20:22:09
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Holy crap, how much of my time have I spent in the Berserk Button thread? D:

I think I'll leave that thread for a little while and actually do something productive.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 21:39:48

[Comment deleted]

• ^^^^^ Why are you up so late?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 21:40:56

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost(?), pseudo flaming]

^^ If this is late, why are you up?

To be honest, I probably just have a really unhealthy sleep schedule, or lack thereof.