If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

[Title deleted]

BobBob
edited 2011-04-26 22:47:16 in Philosophy

[Comment deleted]
[Reason: Bad thread]

Comments

• edited 2011-04-24 17:49:58
    (void)
    Francis hates everything.

Well, except vests.
  • edited 2011-04-24 17:58:03
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I hate your font, Bob. 
  • I hate when my threads become shitthreads just on the basis that I made them. ;_;
  • Cue Chagen in 5...4...3...2...
  • «Try me.»
    inkblot doesn't hate bizarre photoshops.  Or Cave Story.
  • edited 2011-04-24 19:09:12
    deleted
  • edited 2011-04-24 21:22:05
    Loser
    Bob,
    May I ask why it bugs you why you have never met anyone who hates everything? Does the inconsistency between their actual feelings and words bother you or something? I guess I am just having some trouble understanding what you mean.

From what I can tell, it is not actually possible to really hate everything unless negative statements are excluded from the category of "everything." For example, I do not really think one can both hate taking one's dog out for a walk and hate not taking one's dog out for a walk. If someone who hates everything just is apathetic to taking one's dog out for a walk, I do not think that could really be called hate.

Plus, I was under the impression that hate is a pretty strong emotion, I find it difficult to believe that someone could extend that emotion to absolutely everything without it becoming too emotionally taxing to maintain. It may just be me, but I think hate requires at least some degree of energy from the hater.

I personally think it is good that I have never met or heard of anyone who really hates everything. I feel like hate is generally unproductive and at worst is very destructive. If people cannot hate everything then I think there is reason to believe that the good feelings that those people who hate many things have about a few things could be extended to more and more people and thus eventually decrease their hate considerably. I may just be naive though.
  • ^ But it's possible to willingly do something even though you hate it.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 22:12:11

[Comment deleted]

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    It's funner than it sounds. 
  • Wait a second...you're not Snowbull!
  • edited 2011-04-24 21:28:19
    Cue-bey
    That took you nearly 2 days, Inkblot?

EDIT: Wait, you weren't here yesterday
  • edited 2011-04-25 14:16:07
    Loser
    inkblot,
    But it's possible to willingly do something even though you hate it.

I agree. Sorry if I was unclear before, but the point I was trying to make was that it is not really possible to hate taking an action and hate not taking that action at the same time. Sure you could probably take your dog out even if you hate doing that, but I have trouble understanding how one could both hate taking one's dog out and hate not taking one's dog out. I guess one could find it just as annoying to have to take care of one's dog in the house as it is to take that dog outside for a walk.

Still, even then, I do not think that person would really hate both the action and the inaction as much as he or she would hate those things that are associated with not taking one's dog out. I guess that might not have made too much sense. I suppose a far better example would be the impossibility (in my view) of hating wearing shoes and hating not wearing shoes. I am pretty sure those feeling are necessarily mutually exclusive.

Bob,
    I
    wish to meet someone who actually does hate everything (whatever that
    may entail) and study them, their lifestyle, their mannerisms, their
    company (or lack thereof), their habits, etc. I want to examine every
    aspect of their life and personality, discover what makes them tick, so
    to speak
    . I want to know if something happened to make them that way, or
    if they were just hateful from the start.

I think that would be pretty easy. If someone really hated everything, everything would make them tick, right?

I might be able to understand that curiosity a little, but I think that you are probably looking for a mythical being. That being said, I imagine that most people who say they hate everything just use that statement to mean they just hate a lot of things.