If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Dear my family, stop talking about trans people if you're just going to be assholes.

edited 2011-04-24 16:02:43 in Meatspace
Because every single time my family gets together, or every time I go out to eat with my parents and my sister, I have to listen to them talk about how my cousin isn't really a boy or whatever, and inevitably someone will make some comment involving pronoun confusion, and they will settle on using "it."  Instead of, you know, "he."

Comments

• I thought this was going to be a Chagen thread.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    You beat me to it.

Have you confronted them about the issue? 
  • edited 2011-04-24 16:05:32
    ^^ Which is weird, because you could see that the thread was by me before you opened it.

Still, yeah, it's not normal for me to complain about my family.  This is kind of frustrating though.

^ No, but perhaps I should.
  • Honestly, so did I. Is there ever a time they want to discuss trans sexuality with you, Dyre? If so, how would you respond?
  • edited 2011-04-24 16:06:39
    Never discuss politics, economics, religion or sexuality in an extended family meeting... when those topics inevitably arise, I try to subtly disappear from the table.
  • ^^ I generally try to stay out of conversations about... well any of the things Noimporta mentioned, when my family is involved.  And really, even if I did try to talk with them, I dunno what I'd say.  What I want to say is more or less the title of this thread, but obviously I'd never say that.
  • edited 2011-04-24 16:09:50
    ^^ Which is weird, because you could see that the thread was by me before you opened it.

As soon as I read "Dear my family" I went into guessing mode and put my finger over the last post, then read the rest of the title, all this because BIECOI is serious business.

Has your cousing said something about it?
  • Yeah, I recommend you tell them. It's possible they aren't being assholes and are just ignorant.
  • edited 2011-04-24 16:16:46
    ^^ Well, obviously they don't say things like this when my cousin or his immediate family is actually around (which is rarely, since they live on the other side of the country), so I'm not sure if he knows.

I think my family thinks they're joking, too, but the thing is that the topic comes up with such regularity that there's no way they aren't at least a bit serious about it.

^ Yeah, I know.  That's more likely, really.
  • I had the same assumption as Stormtroper.
  • Why the fuck does like every family have at least one trans?
  • $80+ per session
    'Cause it's not an uncommon thing?

Maybe you're one Chagen...
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    And then Chagen was trans
  • $80+ per session
    It would explain a couple things....
  • Like what?
  • I knew no less then 3 in highschool.
  • $80+ per session
    You come off rather girly.

Not in a good way.
  • -wonders who Vivi is-
  • Just how do I come off as Girly....?
  • edited 2011-04-24 17:19:46
    Pony Sleuth
    I've never met nor heard of anyone someone I knew in person knew who was trans.
  • what the fuck

Was that

supposed to mean
  • I don't they were being 100% serious.
  • edited 2011-04-24 17:26:07
    $80+ per session
    Always wearing frilly dress and putting on makeup.

Jeez, Chagen. Get some dignity, man.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 22:25:22

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost]

• Yeah, my sentence was a bit hard to decipher.

I've never met (anyone) nor (have I) heard of [anyone [someone I knew in person knew]] who was trans.
  • $80+ per session
    Meh, that's nothing sister.

We've all wanted a penis had some point or another...in different ways.
  • I keep mine in jars.

Very small jars.

• $80+ per session
    I keep mine on mantels, in drawers, shelves, cupboards, under my pillow and on necklaces.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 22:25:11

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost]

• $80+ per session
    Oh, and I forgot the most important place I put penises...