If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Stupid stuff you'd do as a mod

edited 2011-01-14 10:42:40 in General
Exactly what it says on the tin.

I'd edit everyones post's after the fact and change the font to comic sans just to see the font nazis go slowly mad as they try to figure out why they posted in comic sans. 

Comments

• Because you never know what you might see.
    I'd fuck around with thread titles when people asked me to censor them.
  • Depends a lot on the forum.
  • I'd edit obviously benign posts to say USER WAS B& FOR THIS POST at the end.
  • I'd add verbal tics to the ends of everyone's posts nipaa~
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    That sounds like a stupid idea de gozaruu~!

I would change the sandbox to make it look like people were breaking the formatting...

...de gozaruu~!
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Ban everyone.

Not "everyone I don't like". EVERYONE.
  • Instead of thumping/deleting posts I'd edit them in "I WANT TO BE RAPED BY A HOOOORSEEEE". And other silly stuff like that. Which, incidentally, is the reason I'll never be a moderator, anywhere.
  • I've been a mod in places other than this, and frankly, I've never had the opportunity or inclination to cause mischief. I'm boring :p
  • edited 2011-01-15 00:50:54
    Every year at April Fool's Day, I'd officially abolish every rule on the forum for the entire day, and nobody would have any consequences for whatever they did during that time (barring anything that would get them a jail sentence). I'd draw all the attention I could to this event, too.
  • edited 2011-01-15 17:40:20
    Loser
    I do not think I would do anything really dumb or silly if I actually were a mod (at least not more dumb or silly than I do as a normal user), but I guess I can think of some things I would do if I were a power-hungry mod who liked doing stupid stuff.

I am not sure if moderators generally have the ability to suggest word filters, but I think it might be interesting to make "Touhou" change to "Touhou does not exist." I can think of some other nonsense like "Shinji Ikari is a walrus" or "though the day is Arbor Day, the night is Kalamazoo" or "I'm so hungry I could eat an octorock" or "So you're going to attack the enemy base? Great idea Starfox!" that I could use for the equivalent of thumped posts. In actuality, if I was a mod, I probably would try to replace an offending post with a quote from the official rules indicating what rule(s) the person broke in the post.

For April Fool's Day pranks, changing everyone's avatar to a Sketchbook one sounds nice to me. I might do something with banned users' avatars as well, but I think that I would not have authority to do that as just a moderator. Sorry, I am not too creative.
  • a little muffled
    When I was a moderator on a forum, I used to mess with users' titles for the lulz. (It was one of those ones where the title -- in theory -- represented the user's post count rather than being self-chosen.)
  • I probably would lie, all the fucking time, and talk to my own sockpuppets and put them on the Admin Mod list, and then ban them to show them I WAS FUCKING SERIOUS GUYS. Only to have them come back.
  • I'm trying to figure out what «lie time list GUYS Ot» is.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Something to do with hours and clocks, I think?
  • edited 2011-01-16 01:57:56
    ^^^ In other words, you'd be just like normal Tnophelia, but with mod powers!
  • One word: Wordfilters.
  • I guess you could screw with spelling nazis by word filtering some words to always be misspelled. 
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    ^ Journlolist?
  • I was thinking maybe definately and posibly. 
  • Oh, god that would be awesome.
  • Silence is golden.
    Filter Touhou to Iron Man and X-O Manowar In Heavy Metal.
  • ^ A Powered Armour super hero from the 90s. Valiant Comics I believe...