If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

All That is Super is Not Gold

edited 2011-04-12 11:01:51 in Media
I like turtles.
Does anyone know if there's a reason that, whenever Superman is portrayed in an animated work, the gold S-Shield on his cape will be guaranteed not to be there?  Legal reasons, or something?

This has always bugged me.

Comments

• I assume it's not easy to animate when the cape is supposed to flow, so they cut it entirely.
  • Animating something on a cape is hard.  Same reason you don't see fishnets on Black Canary.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ^ Who?
  • edited 2011-04-13 02:31:19
    Yeah, character designs pretty much always get simplified when things get animated.  It's pretty much necessary if you're on the budget of an animated TV series.  It's just too much work to animate really detailed things like that, especially when they're on a cape or anything else flowy.

It's like how in Tegami Bachi the logo on the hats got changed from a pattern of sequins or something to just a solid shape when they made it into an anime.  ...that was the first example I could think of...
  • edited 2011-04-13 03:23:07
    @Vorpy
  • Fishnets in comics, she get's grey leggings in animation.  See.
  • I like turtles.
    First I was distracted from the topic at hand by the fishnets.

Then I was distracted by the catchy musical number.

Then I was distracted by the shameless crap the lyrics got past the radar.
  • It showed up in his first appearance in Batman: Brave and the Bold. Probably because all he did was stand totally still with his back to the camera.
  • I like turtles.
    I didn't realize he ever appeared in that show, even in a cameo.