If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Introduce Yourself

Comments

• Because you never know what you might see.
    I was close.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    You were.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I was about to guess University of Miami.
  • Which University of Miami, though?  OH or FL?
    There is only one University of Miami.

The one in Ohio is named Miami University.
  • That's confusing.
  • Accounts? With emails? Wow. This is really the future of IJBM.
    The future called, they want their dystopia discussion back.
  • We're being oppressed!
  • edited 2011-01-10 23:25:48
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I would like to introduce you all...

To captain weird!
  • I'm pretty sure this is violating the ToS.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Posting a weird GIF?
  • I was joking that it seemed vaguely obscene.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Ahhh. It does seem so. Vaguely. But not quite enough to say much.
  • edited 2011-01-12 23:39:33

*shake, shake, shake*

16, female, Liverpool.

*shake, shake, shake, shake*

37, male, Pondicherry.

*shake, shake*

22, male, Kowloon.

*shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake*

19, female, 17th arrondissement of Paris.

I picked this name at random, but there is apparently a pretty cool website that also uses it.

• Judging from the transformation of EternalSunset's ASL when shaken, I'm going to guess that EternalSunset is Marina Liteyears.
  • I'm kinda disappointed that the S only changed between male and female, though...
  • Hey, it's not my fault this forum's choices are strictly binary. You should complain to the devs about the restrictiveness of the gender selection. And possibly the mandatoriness.*

(* I do not know if that is a word and I do not care)

• It's funny that this is even a problem for this many of you.

Requirement is probably a better word for "mandatoriness."
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Yeah, it's hilarious.  I laughed and laughed. :/
    Is EternalSunset the Umer of the same (I think) name, or someone else entirely?
    Just asked the person in question.

Nope!
  • edited 2011-01-13 14:31:52
    "Then one question remains," said Encyclopedia Avenue, turning toward the other IJBM-goers. "Who is EternalSunset?"

WHO IS ETERNALSUNSET?

(Turn to page 344 for the solution to The Case of the Newly Registered User)
    Hm.

I have a question!

Should we attempt to stick as closely as possible to the culture of TVTropes proper, or should we look to expand our webculture to that of the wider internet? I'd prefer the latter, tbh.
  • Well, I think our culture here will always be pretty closely tied to that of TVTropes, for obvious reasons. But I definitely like the idea of trying to expand beyond that. If nothing else, it's a way to get new users, since I think we're running out of interested IJBM refugees.
    I posted an advertisement in my sig over on UM. Perhaps anyone here who frequents other websites could do something similar?

I'm hoping we can attract some of the smarter guys over there.
  • Um.  Hello.  I saw My Fireworks Does Yours's link on unexplained mysteries (which I read sometimes but I don't post, I know this is sort of dishonest, but I am never quite sure what to say), which she just talked about right there so um, hi, and thought that since this forum is apparently newer I might have an easier time joining, and stuff.  Yeah.  I don't think that I'll be posting much, probably, but I'll be reading, and I thought that I should make an account and say so.  So... hi.

And uh, I used a fake email address during the registration thing.  I'm sorry but my regular email has my real name and I don't want to share that.  I'll still be checking the fake account for messages and things.  I'm really sorry if that's not okay.
  • inb4 this is LouieW's sockpuppet

Don't worry about it. Welcome aboard.
  • Louie W is too honest too use a sockpuppet to pretend to be someone else.

(I know this bugs you Louie, but it had to be said.)