If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Original "Complain About Shows You Don't Like" Page.

edited 2011-04-10 08:02:43 in General
The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
Geez, now I remember why it had to be deleted. What's worse, I actually defended this page! Man, what was I thinking...?

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    First of all, OH GOD THE LAYOUT BUUUUUUURNS

Second, that page actually is pretty terrible.

And don't worry, Komodin; we've all done things in the past we've regretted. For instance, I used to like the Phillies. A dark time, that was.  
  • edited 2011-04-10 10:21:30

I used to pothole Take That and I Am Not Making This Up when I was a noob.

Really, the breaking point was when commentary had to go below the "...And this is why complaining isn't allowed on the main wiki." disclaimer. When people started putting racial slurs and then edit warring over them, you knew the page had to go.

Not to mention it had one of the prime examples of why I despise strikeout on the wiki: its abuse by jerkasses who think 'humiliating" people whose opinions are "wrong" is better than bloody editing out the damn comment.

• The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Y'know, the more I read the page, the more I wonder how I managed not to ragequit the site. I'm also a tad scared of Past!Me; I didn't know I was that much a fanboy back then.
  • "First of all, OH GOD THE LAYOUT BUUUUUUURNS"

You do know that white-on-black is healthier for your eyes than black-on-white, right?
    Yes, but that doesn't mean that I can't complain about how it still hurts my eyes. 

^^ It's a stage all Sonic fans go through. The TRUE fans, on the other hand, like to stay there just a bit longer. :P
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I never got to edit it...
    ^ Yet another bright side to its deletion...
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ^ As in fix, not contribute.
  • edited 2011-04-10 10:59:14
    Master Guardian of the Passive Voice

Abyss, I object! Scrolling through that page, I only saw two examples of strikethrough being used at all: * * *

Grey's Anatomy. Seriously, why does this show even exist? I know! Let's make a "medical" drama that would far more appropriately be called "a massive fuck-fest". Are these people supposed to be adults or horny high schoolers? The show has excessive amounts of wangsty crap, and the plot is solely "who's screwing who" and it gets old. Fast. All the characters are immensely unlikeable, and the show is just incredibly boring. It is, in fact, nothing more than an adult's version of Twilight. The only real difference besides the medium is that nobody in Groin's Monotony Grey's Anatomy sparkles.

YouTube, their copyright policy can kiss my ass. I've seen YouTube Poops and whatnot get deleted just because of 5 seconds from a Colgate commercial or Family Guy episode. More recently, the same thing's been happening to a few gameplay videos—what's wrong with uploading a video—something we can't interact with anyway? [This entry has been removed due to a copyright claim by Profit-Greedy Conglomorate #375.]

• Before I annihilated the formatting, the Haruhi WMG was put in big bold letters and the "I hate you both" reply was crossed out. It was...really obnoxious.
    I laugh at your silly insinuation that Sonic Adventure 2 is the best 3D Sonic game when it's clearly Sonic Unleashed that deserves such a moniker.

Oh, shut up, me...
  • Oh man. That page was so funny. So apparently it's gone?

That sucks. I wanted to write a few entries.
  • edited 2011-04-10 12:29:37

Put a backhanded insult in Gushing About Shows You Like then.

• Wow, it was as terrible as everyone said it was. I had no idea.
  • edited 2011-04-10 14:26:34
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I laugh at your silly insinuation that Sonic Adventure 2 is the best 3D Sonic game when it's clearly Sonic Unleashed that deserves such a moniker.

... b-b-but it is... (other than Colors, duh)

And someone called Pokémon a button masher.

WEEP. 
  • edited 2011-04-10 15:05:07

• edited 2011-04-10 15:07:46
    Cue-bey
    And poor users.

And poor subject matter.

Also why is the page not folderized?
    And we're better now. 
  • edited 2011-04-10 15:13:39
    Cue-bey
    Looking at this page I'm thinking tvtropes would just be better off being abolished completely.

On the other hand, I now realize the FE was right, about everything.

Also, people on that page are going 'Fox only, no items, Final Destination". I though it was Meta Knight only.
  • Fox only is from Melee, I think.
  • edited 2011-04-10 15:22:42
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^No, people hate Meta Knight because he's supposedly overpowered.

Though he is... but that's besides the point. 
  • But if everyone's Meta Knight, then no one is overpowered.
    But then someone decides to be Kirby, and then you're all fucked. 
  • What the fuck?

I...wow. I did not think tropers would go that low. I thought I was reading some stupid youtube page, not an article on TvTropes.
  • edited 2011-04-10 20:40:54
    That page is the worst piece of nonsense I've ever read, how could anybody edit it without being a blithering moron who can barely breath? Well, anybody who edits it is a blithering moron who can barely breath. That page is a reminder of everything that's wrong with internet nerds, who have nothing to do but whine about things they obviously shouldn'care about. I mean, there's NOTHING, LITERALLY NOTHING good to see there, everything might as well be giberish. In fact, it would be better if it was gibberish as you wouldn't have to wade through piles and piles of pointless angsting and unwarranted rage. If you've been (unfortunately) brought there by a link, consider getting revenge on that asshole who linked it, as s/he's done nothing but bring misery upon countless innocents. This Troper wants you to know that I Am Not Making This Up.

But seriously, that page is, ugh... it really is as bad as everybody said.

I hope that didn't have anything to do with other complaining pages getting deleted...
  • If that don't work, use more gun.
    You know, I thought the page was originally deleted because of negativity.  I now see the problem was worse than I thought.  It's full of stupidity and research fails.  HOW COULD ANYONE DEFEND THIS PAGE!?
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Eh, it doesn't really seem that bad, aside from the needlessly hyperbolic writing style. Most of what people call "research failure" on that page is just subjective, anyway.
  • edited 2011-04-11 01:45:12
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    • "Anyone remember when Bleach was original? Oh yeah, it was before Rukia got kidnapped, they introduced Loads And Loads Of Characters and it became Dragonball Z with "spiritual pressure"."
  • I like turtles.
    Um.

I don't get it.

That page is hilarious.
  • edited 2011-04-11 12:58:53
    [tɕagɛn]
    But is it hilarious because it's innocently funny or because it's filled with nerd RAEG and stupidly hyperbolic "BAW THIS SHOW SUCKS"?