If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I forgot to brag about my new shirt.

edited 2011-04-10 03:11:49 in Wonderful posts
[tɕagɛn]
Because I just went to an anime store today. And bought a Gurren Lagann shirt.

I can finally die happy. I have a shirt of the best anime ever invented, and perhaps the greatest TV Show ever created by human sentience.

Comments

• edited 2011-04-10 03:15:02
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Too bad the show is for little kids and contradicts itself multiple times in the series.

Also, yay Gurren Lagann. I love the first season.
  • I hope it's not the shirt you sneezed on.
  • I can think of plenty of shows that are better than Gurren Lagann.
  • If you say Komodo no Jikan your arguament is invalid.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Kamina dies
  • edited 2011-04-10 03:33:34
    ^^

Well, I actually wasn't going to, since I have some degree of self-awareness.  But if it would amuse you, I could.

Actually, I never watched Gurren Lagann past episode 4 because episode 4 was so terrible that I completely lost all motivation to continue.  So I don't have much of an opinion on Gurren Lagann other than that it sounds like something I won't like nearly as much as everyone else seems to.  I'll eventually watch it though...

Eventually.

In any case, I can't imagine that I'd end up liking it more than, say, Princess Tutu.  Or, for a slightly more relevant comparison, Mobile Suit Gundam.
  • edited 2011-04-10 03:34:37
    ^

Didn't you say the exact opposite about quitting before it gets good, for Lucky Star?

Sure, I am a hypocrite, but I don't think you are....RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?
  • What?  No, I don't think so.

I have always supported the idea that if you don't like a show, it's completely acceptable if you just stop watching it right then, rather than waiting for it to get better.  Of course, if you do feel like getting through the less good parts, then it might be worth it.  But maybe not.

Though, even if I did say the opposite about some show, it definitely wasn't Lucky Star.  Mostly because I liked the start of Lucky Star.  So... yeah.
  • edited 2011-04-10 03:45:13

I still think that the majority of the people who watch the first episode of Lucky Star and stop watching based on that are just looking for an excuse not to watch it, without really taking a fair crack at it. Preconceived notions and whatnot.

• That's probably true as well.  Obviously, if you aren't willing to give a show any chance at all, then you're not going to like it.  In that case, it probably makes sense to at least try to watch more of it, without also trying to hate it.  I guess to some extent it was like that with me and Gurren Lagann, but like I said, I do plan to give it another chance eventually.

Sometimes it can also just depend on the mood you're in when you watch it.  I tried watching season 2 of Strike Witches a few months ago and couldn't stand it, but then I watched it again recently and I liked it, partly for the same reasons I didn't like it the first time.
  • "contradicts itself multiple times"

Elaborate. I never tried reading too much anything into it.
  • SHUT UP DYRE

GURREN LAGANN IS THE BEST FUCKING SHOW EVER 

EVER

EVER
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    "Gurren Lagann"? My, that's a weird way of saying "Cowboy Bebop", you silly billy.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    ^^ Why do I picture Pinkie Pie saying that.
  • I hope you aren't planning to wear it in mixed company, Chuggles.
  • What do you mean?

I am planning to wear it to school, though.
  • edited 2011-04-10 10:48:10
    That counts.

What I mean is, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing an animu around non-nerds/the opposite sex, unless it's unusually tasteful looking. And TTGL isn't known for its subtlety.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I so fucking wish I saved the IJBM "People who quit lucky star after the first episode" thread...

on a more different note, everything was fine until they went into space, then it all became unwatchable.
  • This thread strikes me as an IJAM.
  • Which is why I put it in Wonderful Posts. I put any IJAM-esque threads in there.
  • a little muffled
    @Sammy: Chances are it's just a shirt with the Dai-Gurren symbol on it. People who aren't familiar with the show are just going to see it as a cool design.

I have a Gurren Lagann shirt too, but I now consider it second to my Blind Guardian shirt in terms of awesome.
  • Please stop saying Gurren Lagann is cool, I don't want to hate it.
  • Gurren Lagann is far from the best show ever made...I mean it doesn't even have a blue box that's bigger on the inside!
  • edited 2011-04-10 13:16:10
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    "I can think of plenty of shows that are better than Gurren Lagann."

Like Bible Black.

I have a Haruhi shirt, but I see no reason why I should brag about it. Also, Nyktos' post reminds me that I also had a Blind Guardian shirt. But it also reminds me of the fact that I lost it (I don't even know how). And of course, of the frustration I feel, every time I think of that. That's not pleasant, I tell you.

(I want to point out that the mention of Bible Black, as better than Gurren Lagann, is just a joke and not meant to be taken seriously at all. Never even watched it anyway.)
  • I have 5 Lucky Star t-shirts.

Guess which ones they are.
  • Which is why I put it in Wonderful Posts. I put any IJAM-esque threads in there.

Yeah, this is probably the right category.

(By the way, my post wasn't a warning or anything, I just thought it was funny. It reminds me of early IJBM or late IJAM where people would make disguised topics)
  • Nyktos: It's a little more than that. Here's a picture of the main design.
  • I like the colors on that shirt.
  • Poot dispenser here
    I read the title and thought of comedian Bobby Collins.
  • edited 2011-04-11 01:41:15
    Nyarly totally watched/played Bible Black.