If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

'"Kagami Hiiragi snuggling after sex" (the IJBM thread)' (the IJAM thread) got deleted

edited 2011-04-06 13:27:35 in General
:/

Comments

• The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Nwehehehehehehehehe!
  • Is there actually a reason this time, or did it suffer the same fate as its namesake?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^The latter.
  • That said, even if there was a reason, it's not like we'd ever find out what it is.  Remember, it's TV Tropes.

Still, there's no indication that there even was a reason.
  • It's like the curse of Kagami Hiiragi or something.
  • I didn't even think to be saving the IJAM thread, so that kind of makes it even worse.

At least if they end up deleting the RP thread, then I'll have an archive of it.  Which is nearing 1 GB...

Also it's missing like 6 pages, and I don't know which ones.  Time to check.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It got deleted?

Why the hell.

It should have been moved to the Role-Playing Discussions subforum, because that's what it was.
  • It should have, but it didn't.

We ended up making a discussion thread for it in that subforum, but I kind of liked having an RP discussion thread in IJAM...
    Oh well, I was only following this IJAM thread as an artifact of history anyway.
  • edited 2011-04-06 14:26:21
    Anyway, I finally fixed up my archive of the RP thread up until right now.  It was missing a few files, some were named incorrectly, and I didn't have non-April Fool's versions of the pages during April Fool's Day.

Now that all that is done, it's currently taking up 994 MB of disc space.  Though, part of that is because every avatar is getting saved hundreds of times since each page is a .mht file.  If it was converted into .html files and each one shared the same set of images (as in, there wouldn't be hundreds of duplicates of each picture), then it'd probably be a lot smaller.  But I don't know how to do that and even if I did, I won't do it until the thread is deleted and I actually need to start giving all of these files to people.
  • I don't think the fact that it got deleted immediately after it was the target of an MFE attack is a coincidence. blackcat mentioned she PMed Fast Eddie to secure a googlebounce; presumably that led him to check out the thread and decide he hated it.
    ^My theory as well.
  • And nothing of value was lost, etc.
  • What happened in that thread anyway? I know the title was ironic, I just want an assessment of how much was lost.
  • I never cared about it, just like I really didn't care about the Edit Banned discussion thread. They started out okay, but that didn't last long.
  • edited 2011-04-06 15:06:25
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Well, it started as a shitpost thread but evolved into an RP. The RP had been going strong since, and has I think the second or third highest postcount of any thread in the RP subforum, and there are a few people who post exclusively on it. the IJAM thread kind of became its discussion thread.
  • Oh, I know about the original. What happened in the IJAM thread?
    ^It was basically the discussion thread for the currently-still-going Role Playing thread.
  • Okay... I'm confused. Hasn't it stayed alive long after the IJBM thread was deleted?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Hey the title wasn't ironic. I liked the Kagam Hiiragi thread.
  • By "ironic" I mean didn't contain any sex, which I'm presuming is what FE deleted it for.
  • edited 2011-04-06 15:10:51
    ^^^Yes. The main thread's in Role Playing and still exists. The IJAM thread sort of turned into the discussion thread.
  • Well that's not as bad as losing the RP itself, really.
  • edited 2011-04-06 15:12:15
    Yeah. There's a correctly-located new discussion thread now. But still, someone with mod powers apparently hates us and refuses to admit it.
  • edited 2011-04-06 16:15:03
    Cue-bey
    I don't think that FE has been exactly secretive about much of anything.
  • FE hates a lot of things, but at least he's never hid that from anyone.
    What does bug me is that he does not explain his decisions very well.  Nor would he do something like, give the people posting in that thread a few hours of forewarning before deleting it.

The IJAM thread was originally an IJAM thread about the original IJBM thread that devolved into epically alternate-railed roleplaying, but then it died out for a while.  And then a few weeks ago the IJAM thread was revived as a discussion thread for the new RP thread.
  • A few weeks ago?  It was used as the discussion thread back when the original thread was around, and we've occasionally used it as such ever since then.  It's just that the thread has a tendency to get derailed a lot...