If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

continued lulz at twitter

Comments

• edited 2023-07-26 04:25:34
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    https://labyrinth.social/@tom/110768755674065746
    Actually, yeah, I guess I DO kind of think of Twitter as an ex
    Amusing reply:
    for me it’s an ex I still sleep with sometimes but there’s no real commitment left
  • edited 2023-07-26 04:27:53
    https://union.place/@marxistvegan/110776444361441800
    What if we just called twitter 'er'
    (There's a picture showing the partially-removed Twitter logo from the company's headquarters. As mentioned earlier, they were removing the logo but the cops stopped them because they didn't get a permit for doing the work with heavy machinery.)
  • Awww, I wanted to be the first one to post that.
  • edited 2023-08-01 04:43:38
    https://abc7news.com/twitter-x-sign-taken-down-bright-light-sf/13578182/

Twitter HQ installed a giant strobing X on their rooftop. Pointed at nearby residential apartments.

The sign has now been taken down.

Residents were not amused by this stunt, of course, and the city will be fining the company for this.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    image.png
    The World Wide Fund for Nature (formerly the World Wildlife Fund) gave Twitter a shout-out.

bafkreiekubppqghxdqb3olir3dhn2esu7yumved2mxr5ivscynpk626hpqjpeg.png

A German version of this ad made the rounds on the internet for a while first, but now there's an English version too.
  • edited 2023-08-14 03:34:16
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    14w Presents Free Speech is Good!!!

I'd never reported a tweet before but that first one really got my goat.
    does that person in the first screenshot have absolutely no sense of irony about blatantly racist against Indians, considering that they named themselves "Aryan"

...heh. of course they don't.

(also can you please put this batch of images in a toggle?)
  • edited 2023-08-14 03:37:43
    Sure.

I never realized how much "twitter is censoring our legitimate views!!!" was actually good for conservatives considering it turned out to be twitter leftists essentially curating alt-right types and making them look very, very good.

I also now understand why twitter leftists were so censorious in the first place.

Thankfully conservatives were too dumb (once again) to maintain that picture-perfect equilibrium
    I'm not sure if the "twitter leftists" you're referring to are the same as the ones in my head but the ones in my head are the insufferable ideological-purity nutcases and I fail to see how they have been able to "curate" anything.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I mean employees, not communist-rose-bearing profile users
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    As for me, I'm not sure if some poor twitter mod trying to figure out what kind of nazi content to cut to get a bonus rather than a layoff should count as "leftist", tbh.
  • edited 2023-08-14 15:47:29
    I mean they also cut stuff I find inoccuous, like deadnaming. In fact, one of the options I had when I was reporting that one tweet was "this contains misgendering/deadnaming".

I get the sense you think I'm more alt-right than I am.

It's possible that I'm just an edgy centrist thanks to various shifts in the politisphere.
    While there are some situations where using someone's prior name can come up legitimately innocuously, doing so as a way to intentionally insult/harass people is definitely a thing. It's not "leftist" to acknowledge this.
  • edited 2023-08-14 16:09:30
    legitimately innocuously
    Less than 12 months ago on twitter, this wasn't an acceptable position.
    doing so as a way to intentionally insult/harass people
    There are other reasons though, like wanting to stick as closely to reality as possible.
    doing so as a way to intentionally insult/harass people
    There are other reasons though, like wanting to stick as closely to reality as possible.
    The reality is that name changes are a thing, and have been a thing for much longer than the recent wave of transgender awareness.

And this is before even getting into intentional bad-faith usage.
  • edited 2023-08-14 18:23:40
    I think you'll know I'm all for "bad-faith" usage.

You'd swear this isn't the sort of thing one gets into after declaring himself a centrist.

EDIT: Changed my mind, let's not fight.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I mean they also cut stuff I find inoccuous, like deadnaming.

Sure, but it doesn't mean the mod in a office box somewhere in Philippines is a leftie, it means that a bunch of Gordon Gekko/Wolf of Wall Street cosplayers atop some glass skyscraper in New York or wherever decided cutting deadnaming is the way to biggest short-term profits. Greed is good, man.

Also, I'm kind of reminded of that story about Muhammad Ali and that other boxer who kept calling him "Cassius Clay" and Ali asking him "what's my name" every time he hit him in the ring.
  • edited 2023-08-14 21:34:01
    You'd swear this isn't the sort of thing one gets into after declaring himself a centrist.
    I sorta just ignored this comment and focused on the line about "stick[ing] to reality", because I just wanted to respond to the topic at hand rather than make it about broader political factions.
  • edited 2023-08-15 04:28:12
    the mod in a office box somewhere in Philippines is a leftie
    Point.

(Note to self; find a good screencap of Alicia Rivera declaring "Point" for maximum effect.)
    I know I spend this whole thread making it seem like I hate conservatives but literally the most mainstream left-wing images on imgur are just like;

9bk4au8ozif6.jpg

Well now the TweetDeck interface for Twitter is subscriber-only.

I have a funny story about that.

I never used TweetDeck as a Twitter user. Never even heard of it.

I got a Mastodon account one day.

First thing I do when I get a new account or device or whatever is to check the settings. I played around with them and found a thing called "Advanced Web Interface". It gave me multiple columns to show different feeds. This seemed like an obvious step up from the default, so I just kept on using it.

Later, Twitter got bought out and started making stupid business decisions and became an unstable pile of crap and such.

People on Mastodon sometimes talked about "TweetDeck" as if it were a thing on Mastodon.

I was confused. I thought it was a Mastodon client that went by that name.

It took me a while but after a while I asked around and one day I realized the "Advanced Web Interface" is basically TweetDeck (from what I understand).
    There was a time I'd genuinely believe this was made up or overexaggerated.
  • edited 2023-08-18 19:12:40
    Elon Musk has announced that users will no longer be able to block other users from viewing their posts on Twitter X.

A number of people are citing the problem of having trolls, stalkers, etc. being able to see their posts.

Incidentally, the iOS App Store and Google Play Store have a policy against apps with user-generated content that don't have a feature to block abusive users.

F302enBW0AEAZqd.png
    (screenshot on Twitter showing a snippet of the App Store TOS)

Not that I expect that to get in the way, considering that I heard the App Store also has a policy against single-letter usernames but they granted an exception to "X".
  • edited 2023-08-19 01:40:34
    image0.jpg

LMAO
    https://mashable.com/article/elon-musk-x-twitter-follower-data

Elon Musk: complains about inactive accounts and fake accounts

also Elon Musk: pads followers with inactive accounts and fake accounts
    https://fortune.com/2023/08/21/elon-musk-plans-remove-headlines-news-articles-link-shared-on-x-twitter/
    Tweets containing news article links will be stripped of headlines and other metadata (like this very sentence). Instead, X, formerly Twitter, plans to display only an image and a URL.