If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A thread about architecture, buildings, and interior design

Comments

• edited 2021-06-21 15:27:13
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    *looks up Florida, a municipality in Puerto Rico, on a whim*

(N.B. "Florida" as the US state has an accent on the o but I'm pretty sure anywhere else especially in Spanish-speaking places it reverts to its original Spanish pronunciation with the emphasis on the i)

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/96-Calle-Bromelia_Florida_PR_00650_M99282-08388

This is one immaculate garage.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    It's fun, browsing through that site's catalogue. Although I'd like a search engine with, like, a list of states to choose from, or a map.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    To be honest I think I'd enjoy living in that thing.

comment_1628810835eAH0704lhdnM24JAxUCOwg,w400.jpg
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Me too.
  • I have a thing against large homes, it's annoying having to walk long distances to do daily tasks, but other than that I think I'd like it. Also the outdoors space.
    I would like to live there.

I would not like to maintain it.
    I didn't expect this video to get made so soon after the incident, but...

• edited 2021-08-18 16:05:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    to be fair the video is also kinda vague

there's a lot more specific speculation in the comments and in other videos

(though i have to stress that much of the information has yet to be officially confirmed)
    comment_162974326278kYz3HN8SloGonT2ASaAt,w600.jpg

Somebody seems to have lacked foresight, innit?
  • I'm guessing it was originally meant to be a walkway.
    bandida-mil-grau-30-de-julho-%C3%A0s-23-43-na-primeira-64064364.pngI find the idea attractive but I would not bet on the safety of this implementation, at least not without proper design documentation.
  • edited 2021-10-18 20:54:06
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Just watched an interesting video on suburban development. No subtitles, so no point in posting it, but the problem is like this.

Like, farm plots are often long and thin, the short edge adjacent to the road. For farming, in particular pre-industrial farming, this is efficient use of land. But when a city expands and rural land is re-used for construction, these plots are often left unchanged and unmerged, depending on who gets first to the farmer with the deed. Then, you can build a string of houses or whatnot with a single road linking them to the main street.

Problem is, it means there's now a whole lot of houses linked to the same street, which is unsuited to traffic heavier than a single horse-cart every now and then. There's also very little place for any public facilities or even shops bigger than a small convenience store/24h alcohol vendor, since it's more convenient to re-use the land for housing, and public transport can't get there either.

End result, horrendous traffic jams every proverbial 9 and 17.
    More urban planning than specific buildings, but, yeah.

Amusing fact: This video has managed to do what watching hundreds of anime series has failed to do: make me appreciate the idea of living in Japan.
    https://www.independent.com/2021/07/14/dormzilla-descends-on-ucsb/

https://www.independent.com/2021/10/28/architect-resigns-in-protest-over-ucsb-mega-dorm/

Me shitposting on the internet:
    WTF Genie: this doesn't get built, but some buildings do get built, but legal wrangling causes the structure to stay unfinished and become a legal no-man's-land that the university supposedly owns but has no rights to build anything on, causing students to build their own structures around said structure and essentially recreate the Kowloon Walled City on their own.
    I feel like I ought to add this to Belphegor University.
    Tell me please that one day you're gonna buy one of these crazy pieces of foreclosed real estate. C'mon. You can do it.

(Remember to post pictures.)

Spent a few minutes browsing through that website and, well, turns out it's not a Polish specialty to post images of bathrooms in house sale offers. There's a story I was told by a real estate agent: there was that one client from abroad who was like, why do all you guys always post images of bathrooms, I will renovate if I need it. But, turns out, people generally prefer to know in advance whether or not will they need that.

Also, the last time I had heard about a house with its own church attached (not the other way round), it was in a book on Byzantine society.

Wait, did I not post the house in Kentucky that's attached to a church and whose basement and chapel have been totally redone to support the homeowner's video selling business (to the point where the smutty DVDs are in the room with the baptismal font that's now a shower stall)?
    This one is in, like, Ohio, so I take it it's not even the first house-with-its-own-church you post? Sorry, it must've slipped my memory and/or attention somehow.

That, or: I have assumed you only browse that stuff, don't quite deal in it yet.
    I forget whether I've posted it but a video that I've seen of it has since been taken down. But you can still find records of it if you look up 8800 Blue Lick Road.
    comment_1642685729yGjSvD01lgQNGBaHXTBiZH,w400.jpg

Fun photo of a linear village layout.
    w9coujxls7v51.jpg
    baaaaaaaaaathroooooooooooooms with threeeeeeeeeeeeatening aaaaaaaaaaaaauraaaaaaaaaaaas
    also
    5f2efaced7e785e90b562625e84df9c8.jpg
    also, those toilets are too far away.

i think they need to be more accessible.

here is one way to make a toilet more conveniently accessible:

5d89c5080a24c-toilets-with-threatening-auras-67-5d831c65a219a__700.jpg

in this second arrangement, you don't even need to enter your apartment to use your toilet.

DjotxDaWwAIH7Q2.jpg

alternatively, we can locate more resources in the bathroom itself, such as shown here:

5d89c5086ac18-toilets-with-threatening-auras-197-5d83208ec5e04__700.jpg
    C'mon, you had this "should've thought about it myself" moment when you saw the last one, hadn't you. Don't tell me you hadn't.