If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People seem to have issues with names ending in "-el" vs "-le"

in Meatspace
“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
Understandable, I guess, since they pretty much both represent the same sound, at least in my dialect.

I live on a street with a name ending in "-el". I initially got annoyed when I saw people writing it "-le", but then I remembered that this mistake is common enough I've actually had to correct the city's traffic sign department when they fucked up the spelling of a different "-el" street:

(And if you're thinking "but what if 'Chaple' is a weird proper name?", I know "Chapel" is the correct spelling because it was used on the signs posted when the street first opened in the late '90s.)

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Fortunately we don't have that problem here. We however have the problem with different letters encoding the same sound. May get confusing in personal names.
  • Neon Genesis Evangleion, starring the following angles:
    * Sachile
    * Shamshle
    * Ramile
    * Gaghile
    * Israfle
    * Sandalphon, who is a shmuck whose name didn't originally contain -el
    * Matarale
    * Sahaquile
    * Irule I Rule Hyrule
    * Lelile (or Ellile?)
    * Bardile
    * Zerule Ze First Rule (of Angle Club)
    * Arale
    * Armisale Army Sale
    * Tabris, who is another shmuck
  • Naas_Human wrote: »
    Michale.

Michelel
  • “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
    Everyone knows the only angle worth paying attention to is Gabrile Tenma White.
  • Heh, nuthin' personnel, kid.
  • Republic of Chiel