If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This Dollar Tree USB cable is worthless

in Tech
“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    So, where you live, USB cables grow on money trees?

Truly, America is the land of opportunity.
  • “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
    Dollar Tree is a chain of stores that sells items for no more than $1

More than anything, I'm just kind of annoyed by the inability to find a decent middle-of-the-road USB cable

You can go to Wal-Mart where they charge like $10 for a cable that's worth half that much, or you can go to Dollar Tree and pay $1 for a cable that doesn't last very long

Just let me pay $5 for a decent cable, dammit!
  • I see you've capitalized on Haley Feige making Teaspoon a free typeface
  • “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
    YES I HAVE >:3
  • Have you tried an office supply store?

They often have cheapo stuff near the cash registers.  I once picked up a USB car charger for like $5.
    Right now I have a couple of these:

They seem to be of decent build quality. They're not gonna win any awards, but they've survived the abuse I've put them through over the past two months, so...
    Incidentally, the Dollar Tree ones are passable if you're just interested in charging your device, but they're a little too unreliable for actual data transfer. At least the kind I've purchased. Dollar Tree actually sells a couple different varieties of cable...
  • I've actually got a few extra USB/microUSB cables just from devices that don't provide their own charging block but do provide their own USB/microUSB cable.  These included a Bluetooth speaker, Bluetooth headphones, and a Bluetooth selfie stick.
    Full disclosure: I am a bit rough on my micro-USB cables. All the ones that came with my devices ended up lost or broken.