If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Partially censoring swear words, especially when it's f*cking obvious what word it is

edited 2014-01-28 01:22:43 in General
My arms are falling off!

What's the point? You know what the word is, most if not everyone fluent in English knows, you might as well say it uncensored, or just say a different word entirely in place.

I mean, god fucking d*mmit.

Comments

• I like it when they censor huge swathes of the thing, giving you space to imagine what the profanities are.

• What's the point?

As the devs of Brutal Legend will tell you, it's funnier that way.

• In things like television it's often because they're trying to push how little they can censor and still make it to air.

• edited 2014-01-28 15:05:05
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

This sort of "censoring" reminds me of Janet Jackson's nipple-stars.

Basically, when censoring becomes well and truly pointless.

• My arms are falling off!

It makes sense in media when censorship is required by law and the creators want to tread the line as finely as possible (lol Japanese ero-comics), but when I see it on forums, Twitter, and the like, I just see no point in it.

For example, I've seen "bastard" censored to "b*stard" once. Yeah, um, I highly doubt you're referring to certain kinds of birds.

• edited 2014-02-22 19:50:41
    a little muffled

I have a friend who "doesn't swear" but constantly does this in textual communication and it really bothers me.

• You Bird stars. Flunk yourselves from high school you Mothra flicking beach participants.

Just fill yourself.... up with tasty jelly.

• Mothra flicking beach participants.

Is Mothra flicking the participants, or are they flicking Mothra?