If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

There are now Mega Pokemon. Including Amfabio the Amphabulous

edited 2013-08-09 04:15:38 in Media
No rainbow star

Alex gogogo? Edit: 2'7", 4.4 lbs, learns Swords Dance, is Ghost/Steel

Comments

• mfw it has straight 50 base stats

• It also sulks cutely whenever it finds out all the pubs have a "no sentient swords" policy.

• Where is Alex, anyways? Haven't seen him lately.

• His last post was a month ago, and he hasn't answered a PM I sent him two weeks ago. I hope he's not off forever.

• edited 2013-07-05 16:20:24

Does this mean the site needs to get yet another new mod?

• a little muffled

There are like ten active members. Two mods is probably enough.

Anyway I find this slightly amusing because my idea for a Ghost/Steel was a haunted suit of armour, so more or less the opposite of this.

• No rainbow star
    Nyktos: It is a warrior's spirit in.the sword iirc, so it could evolve into a knight

And is IJBM dying?
  • edited 2013-07-05 18:14:59

Unfortunately.

Edit: But we got two new users recently. That's, like, more than we had for the rest of the year.

• No rainbow star

Well, I really hope it doesn't die. That would suck horribly =/

• I think it'll live on, but as a shadow of its former self.

A pity, too. Alex was one of the big reasons why I came here.

• No rainbow star
    Maybe he went insane and is currently working on a cybernetic suit so he can become Swordsman, Protector of Justice
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Hm, if IJBM died, wouldn't we all move to HH or BTL (if it still lives) anyway?

• I probably wouldn't.

• edited 2013-07-07 16:40:26

I probably would go to HH, BTL definitely not, assuming it hasn't changed drastically.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

It has changed, quite so. The consensus is that it is a lot friendlier.

But due to a careful application of Gramscian methods I have managed to achieve complete ideological hegemony of Marxist thought over, at the very least, the Society subforum.

So I imagine you wouldn't like that.

• a little muffled

I doubt I'd go to either. As much fun as it's been here, I've got other places to hang out too.

I do hope this place lasts a little longer though...

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Noting how many people commented on the notion of IJBM being dead, I think it's safe to say it isn't. :P

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

And talking about Alex, perhaps he's on vacation or stuff. Dunno.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ What if that just means it's undead?

• So I imagine you wouldn't like that.

I wouldn't, but I can live with that.

Noting how many people commented on the notion of IJBM being dead, I think it's safe to say it isn't. :P

Well, it's not dead for now, but how long will we stay like this?

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

If this forum dies, I'll probably just go to HH. Maybe I'll check out BTL, I dunno, but HH is definitely my prime fallback.

• Does anyone know a way to contact Alex?

Issue a formal challenge, I guess.

• We could always try recruiting.

>take screencaps of privilege-riddled posts in the "Words I'm Tired Of Seeing" thread

>feed them to Tumblr/SRS

>CONTROVERSIAL, VERY DISTURBED

>SJWs and PIWs flock to IJBM in equal numbers

>fruitful discussions on "Sassy GIFs you plan on using" "Haberdashery(aka Fedoras) General" "Microaggressions You've Experienced" and "When Is It Okay To Hit a Woman?"

>old posters return to usher in a new Golden Age of flamewars and doxxing

• Ooh, how do we start?

• A dramatized account(all resemblances to e-personas are entirely intentional and meant to offend in the worst way possible):

"Here we have InsanityAddict, typical white fedora-wearing cishet dudebrony. InsanityAddict is left of centre, and thus has OPINIONS on social issues. He has a handful of token friends, gladly calls himself a feminist and has frenched a dude once and thus thinks it is tötes okay to use fag as a suffix. But what's this? Derpy is dingdong bannu? But she's such an epic maymay.

InsanityAddict is distraught. Who's responsible for this? Wait, what, it wasn't soccer mums? What's  a tumblr? Wait, he recognizes some terms! InsanityAddict, with a seminar on postcolonialism and a few quick Google searches under his belt, enters the 'discussion' on why appropriating strabismus is bad, why people can't react in a civil way about marginalization which they are bombarded with daily and when precisely the number of labels someone has becomes self-indulgent. He grows increasingly frustrated with the constant shitlording, the smugness and above all the idea that they're not participating on equal ground. InsanityAddict goes to vent with his fellow nerd chauvinists over on IJBM, and as they mock all the little idiosyncracies of the movement, his happy mood returns.

Little does he suspect that fellow forumite GloriousPumpkin has screencapped all the problematic jokes InsanityAddict has made, turned it into a nicely formatted set of receipts, and posted it to circlejerkofoutrage.tumblr.com. By some crossforum searching and feeding avatars into Google Image Search, they now have his FB, sadly set to private, but with plenty of Public Photos that reek of weeaboo, it's-a-culture-not-a-costume and all-round douchenozzleness.

Much fun is had, even more when InsanityAddict tries to respond to the flood of dislike, but makes an even bigger ass of himself. GloriousPumpkin gets the banhammer in his buttcrack, writes a bawwwful blogpost about how he hated IJBM from the very start anyway and fades into obscurity, but the steadfast brigade of signal boosters realizes that if one forumite was such a clusterfuck of inappropriate and appropriation, what dirt can they dig up on the others? Infiltrators are sent, posing under the guise of bronies, Whovians and an Amon Goeth sockpuppet, and created topics on shotacon, paternity rights and racist jokes we were ashamed of laughing at.

But what's this? New members start flooding in from subreddits and TVTropes spinoff wikis. Ephebophilic otherkin, libertarian foreveralones and clueless teenagers start a goldmine of triggering stuff all on their own! It's too much to handle! The Amon Goeth sockpuppet cracks under the pressure and blows his cover, as the Nazi torturer delivers an impassionate speech on why you're still responsible is people are too stupid to see satire that skirts Poe's Law. The game is up! Spies reveal themselves, gaining an unwarranted sense of pride from petty forum drama. Bigots hastily delete their accounts, blanking accounts everywhere just to be safe. People who have been ignored into obscurity return to grab a sliver of e-attention.

IJBM implodes, its members scatter to the wind, with only the no-lifers and the people who see a forum as group therapy lamenting the ashes. But alas, the ride never ends, through busy and boring times."

Shame reality will never live up to stories such as this.

• guys guys

unban chagen

then

unban vorpy

• Kichigai birthday!!
    And make a thread where only they both can post, and make bets about it
  • I'd probably migrate to HH.  I wouldn't touch BTL with a 10-foot pole.

• No rainbow star
    We now have a Cotton Candy Pokemon

Yeah

That's a thing now