If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General Xbox One Gripe Thread

Comments

• Only One Gripe? But there are so many to choose from!

• Ah, the only good thing about the Xbox One: its name lends itself well to Who's On First-style humor.

• You forget that its abbreviation also lends itself well to sex and/or mistake jokes.

• And overused Jay-Z gags.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

If they are so keen on making it a multimedia all-in-one system, they should have called it the "1Box".

• edited 2013-06-02 18:44:19
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
    No, the X does kinda make sense. After all, when Sony tried to market a multimedia device with gaming capabilities, they called it the PSX...

...the PSX is a multimedia device with gaming capabilities?

I thought it was a gaming device with music-CD-playing capability.

• a little muffled

It was a DVR add-on for the PS2 that was only released in Japan.

The latter part of that sentence may or may not be related to the fact that, for some reason, people in North America decided to refer to the PS1 as PSX.

Isn't "PSX" the name for one of the later, slim-style versions of the PS1?

• a little muffled

Nope. That one had a name quite similar to the subject of this thread.

• edited 2013-06-03 00:04:10

Ironically enough, it sounds like you're thinking of the PSone.

Edit: Damn, beaten. But whatever, I got a link.

• I do remember a lot of people using "PSX" to refer to the PlayStation and PSone, though I think that actually predates the device called PSX. Never made sense to me, really; where the hell'd the X come from?

• edited 2013-06-04 05:41:27

If I remember correctly, the X is basically a holdover from the days when the PlayStation was originally being developed and it was referred to by the project name of PlayStation Experimental or PSX for short. Supposedly, Sony also used that abbreviation in some early advertizing for the PlayStation, but I dunno if that part's true. Still, however that abbreviation came into the public consciousness, the reason it's remained there for so long is obvious: it just plain sounds/looks cooler than PS1.

• To add to that, since there was no PS2 at the time, nobody called it PS1, and PS simply sounds kinda doofy.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    dewanddoritos.com

They just never learn, do they?
  • edited 2013-06-10 11:52:36

If I didn't know better, I'd think that Microsoft had actually gotten sick of attracting all the worst people the gamer demographic has to offer and they're being completely stupid on purpose as their way of ragequitting the console gaming industry...

• Oh wow, that's actually a real website?

• To be fair, so is batmanbatmanbatman.com.  Having a website doesn't really mean much, or even anything official.  I'd be rather leery of giving that site my contact info.

• If I didn't know better, I'd think that Microsoft had actually gotten sick of attracting all the worst people the gamer demographic has to offer and they're being completely stupid on purpose as their way of ragequitting the console gaming industry...

But you do know better. So don't crazytalk.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-06-11 00:53:44

OUCH.  XD

• edited 2013-06-11 01:36:13

Oh wow, that's from the official PlayStation channel? Hahaha!

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

(If you think you're having framerate problems, don't blame your hardware. This guy just didn't have a good stream to work with.)

• edited 2013-06-11 08:31:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh wow, the "it'll be over soon" line is worse than I thought it was just reading about it on IRC.  I can see why people thought it was a rape joke.

• So I thought MGS5 looked pretty good.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Epic. Simply epic :)

It's like they don't know how to give a straight answer.

• To be honest, I'm completely with this guy.

• edited 2013-06-14 02:35:41

Meh. Still want a PS4.

I mean, I can see where that Maddox guy is coming from, and I do rather agree with him on the key points of that video, but the aspect I consider most important at this point is "which console do the developers like most?" and one quick look at what the developers are saying makes it quite clear that most of them highly favour the PS4. Which is good because a larger community of developers for your console means a wider selection of games (and apps) for your customers.

I was at best mildly amused at the PS4 game lending instructional video.  Only system I'm looking forward to is the WiiU, mostly on the potential of developers doing something interesting with it.

Also, I don't get why people love Octodad so much.  It seems like an experimental game with high novelty value but not much else.