If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

EA is going to be making Star Wars games from now on.

Comments

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

i thought they were like the worst rated company ever or something

• But you never had any to begin with.

By idiots who think making mediocre games is worse than crippling the world economy, sure.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

That stuff is designed to focus on whatever industry the company is in. EA's got a lot more problems than just shitty games.

And because BoA and Exxon winning the awards five times each really caused a turn around anyways, right?

• On the other hand, I wonder how many of the people who said EA was the worst company ever even realize how abusive the company is to its employees, etc.

• No rainbow star
    Bye Bye, my Starwars Jedi

Trained by Yoda? No iota, thanks to the EA guys

They looked at the games and made them go die, singing, "This is the day fanboys cry... This is the day they will cry..."
  • They're somethin' else.

Oh well. Another IP down the shitter.

• On the other hand, I wonder how many of the people who said EA was the worst company ever even realize how abusive the company is to its employees, etc.

Probably none.  Anyone thinking along those lines would put Activision worse.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I'm disappointed in this decision. Not just because we're talking about EA, but because I was hoping Disney would take a more open approach to Star Wars game rights and not license them to a particular publisher or development studio. EA doesn't need more power in the industry right now, and frankly, the Star Wars fanbase is both widespread and ravenous enough in parts that this is already money in the bank for them. 

It would have been really cool to see a scenario where Disney only licensed Star Wars in terms of single games or series of games, rather than the IP as a whole. That wouldn't prevent large publishers from using the IP from time to time, but it would also create potential for smaller publishers and medium developers to use the IP if their pitch is snazzy enough. 

Really, it's high time someone did something mechanically interesting and thematically consistent to the original movies, but that's not really where the market is for Star Wars games. At least, until such a game might get made and see success. Sometimes, the lack of a market for something isn't an actual lack of market, but an invisible one. 

• I'm still waiting for another Republic Commando.  That game was awesome enough to justify Attack of the Clones existing.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

For my part, I'd like to see the Jedi Knight/Dark Forces series resurrected, if only in terms of gameplay. It's sad that the series ended up becoming The Force Unleashed. 

I'd also like to see games that are a little more out of the box. Like a game where you play as a Jedi Master, and your primary goal is to see your students inducted as fully-fledged Jedi Knights. Or a Death Star management sim. Or something that isn't the straight-up action stuff we're used to coming from the franchise. 

Preventing Luke from blowing up the Death Star is the last level
  • A "freezing people in carbonite" Simulator.

Actually, a simulator of the whole Empire would be extremely interesting. Building the death star, maintaining droids and storm trooper training, guards, allocating resources and trying to win battles.

I would play that.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Death Star management sim sounds like fun. You are a high-ranking official of the Empire, just minding your own business purging the rebel scum, when suddenly your Emperor orders you to build him the best fucktastic engine of interplanetary destruction to ever bling in the Galaxy. Along the way, you've got to deal with trash-dwelling lurkers, alien labour unions, uppity princesses, bored soldiers setting up gambling rings, geriatric ex-heroes, smugglers, smugglers' arch-enemies, bosses of smugglers' arch-enemies, and the fucking Ewoks, and on top of that, the Emperor's irate personal errand boy who just can't walk three steps straight without playing the invisible hangman, while you struggle to keep the construction running in spite of the glaring construction errors that you inevitably have to rectify on your own, like open shafts leading straight to the reactor room or the main cannon's aim being poor enough to barely allow the "battle" station to qualify as a planetfucker.

• edited 2013-05-07 17:04:17

Honestly, the only new Star Wars game I want is Battlefront 3.

Battlefront 2 was an absolutely incredible experience for a Star Wars fan. You could fly an X-Wing, pilot an AT-AT, play as Darth Vader and force choke your enemies one by one... The amount of things going on and the number of different ways you could fight were just amazing.

• a little muffled
    Oh man Battlefront 2. That was the only multiplayer shooter I ever got into.
  • I never played Battlefront 2.  The first one was just too awful.