If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I don't like Family Guy

edited 2013-04-26 08:55:44 in General

But I cannot stop loving the Surfing Bird bit. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

Comments

• They're somethin' else.

You had me at I Don't Like Family Guy

• Definitely not gay.

Da bird bird bird, da bird is da word.

• I'm a damn twisted person

New Headcanon: Eelektross is Peter Griffin. 

• Definitely not gay.

That would explain my hatred of dogs. Anyone would hate dogs if they were forced to interact with an insufferable prick like Brian.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Dogs on paras, cats on paska
  • edited 2013-04-26 15:26:15
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

That would explain my hatred of obnoxiously, proudly dumb characters Family Guy.  Anyone would hate obnoxiously, proudly dumb characters Family Guy if they were forced to interact with watch an insufferable prick like Peter Griffin and Stewie Griffin and Chris Griffin.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Everyone in Family Guy is unlikable, just like in TBBT. I hope this doesn't become a trend in sitcoms.
  • edited 2013-04-26 16:15:37
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh, no wonder it's on FOX; it's about laughing at people you don't want to be like, rather than enjoying those you see yourself in.

• Everyone in Family Guy is unlikable, just like in TBBT. I hope this doesn't become a trend in sitcoms.

Surely you jest.

• You can change. You can.

I think there is a difference between unlikeable and unwatchable, though. Like, Seinfeld's cast is pretty much unlikeable (Except for Kramer, arguably) but they're still pretty fun to watch.

• Well, obviously. The point is that main casts full of unlikable people has been a sitcom thing for a while now. There's Seinfeld, Will & Grace and... I'm sure a lot of other less successful ones. I guess the problem with TBBT is that the cast is not supposed to be unlikable (except for Sheldon), yet most of them are (except for Sheldon).

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I think it helps that Surfing Bird is a great song.

Family does have -some- good jokes. With as many as it makes a second it statistically has to.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is another one.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-04-27 01:06:56

I don't really have a problem with a cast full of assholes as long as it's actually funny.  My main issue with Family Guy was when it turned into "here's some stupid gags that are less clever than they used to be, then Brian preaches at you and you're expected to take him at face value".

Always Sunny didn't even get that far.  I never got why people liked watching that train wreck.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think it's more like "here's some very cheap and almost completely irrelevant gags plz watch".

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Family Guy's actually best when it's furthest from reality. It's when it tries to be "relatable" (read: preachy) that it gets tedious.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

^ Truth.

Example: Road to the Multiverse.

• The best Family Guy episodes are the one where it plays up the black comedy, because really all it has going for it nowadays is the shock humour. 

• You can change. You can.

Always Sunny didn't even get that far. I never got why people liked watching that train wreck.

far in which sense?