If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who use three or more exclamation marks in a row

edited 2013-04-24 19:00:02 in Webspace
Diet NEET

The amount of exclamation marks used is inversely proportional to the urgency or importance of the whole jig.

Wasn't this someone or other's law? All I can dig up are Pratchett quotes.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I tend to lay off exclamation marks anyway. I figure if I write my sentences well enough my excitement should come through on its own.

That said, I totally use five exclamation marks in a row when I roleplay as Pinkie Pie.

• You can change. You can.

>people who!!!

• a little muffled
    Fuck those guys!!!!!!!!?!
  • Yossarian!!!(?)!

• Has friends besides tanks now

^ Dammit, I still need to go back to that book.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-04-24 23:03:45

It's like the one thing on the school reading list other than Huck Finn that I'm actually glad I read.

• They're somethin' else.

>Clicks threads to see just how many folks are gonna sparg out over it being a People Who thread
    >Plenty do
    >hehhehbueno.jpg

1) what does sparg even mean

2) facetious statements, yadda yadda yadda

3) two counts as plenty of people now?

• While we're being silly:

>stop

>posting

>like

>this

>it

>makes

>me

>sad

deal

with

it

• Where the hell did the little arrows go?!!!!

into your butt

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

no

u

• I knew I felt something annoying in there.
  • To me, a fuckton of exclamation marks takes away all the seriousness of the sentence and, in extreme cases, often makes the sentence unintentionally hilarious.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

>le 4chan/reddit format

>le le pronoun

>le picture.jpg

1. tumblr format!!

2. THINGS???

3. THINGS!

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> calling "le" a pronoun rather than an article

• Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.

Terry Pratchett quote +1

• edited 2013-04-25 11:52:16
    a little muffled

To me, a fuckton of exclamation marks takes away all the seriousness of the sentence and, in extreme cases, often makes the sentence unintentionally hilarious.
    I often use multiple exclamation marks only to invoke this deliberately.

• All this talk and I can only think of one thing "Does putting an exclamation mark after a statement really make the statement an exclamation?" 111

• @Nightwire:

Dammit, you beat me to it!!!!!

• This discussion reminds me of how old comic books tend to put exclamation mark in every single sentence.

• I've heard that's because the low quality of printing processes at the time meant a regular full stop might not always show up properly.

I don't know how true that is, though.

• hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
    DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again _^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

• a little muffled
    Man. That is the second time in as many days I've seen that xopypasta.

I've heard that's because the low quality of printing processes at the time meant a regular full stop might not always show up properly.

I don't know how true that is, though.

It is true.

• Definitely not gay.

Yeah!!!!!!!!