If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Dogs

edited 2013-04-10 22:55:08 in Meatspace
Definitely not gay.

Man, is it just me or are dogs scary as shit?

I don't know what makes them scary. Maybe it's their beady little eyes. Maybe it's their really sharp fangs (Rottweilers are especially bad). Maybe it's that bark of theirs. There's just something about dogs that scares the living bejesus out of me.

Like I'm walking down the street and a dog fucking barks at me, and I just jump out right then and there. It's an instinct thing.

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    I find dogs too adorable to be scared by them. They're the definition of happy-go-lucky.
  • I'm a damn twisted person

Dogs bug me. Like with cats I know what all the body language and noises mean. Dogs... I have no fucking clue if the mutt is happy or just putting up with me or realizing that me and everybody around me is made of the meat it loves to eat.

Cats are better pets than dogs. Well Corgis are about equal. Corgis are the best dogs. Foxes make pretty good pets from what I hear. Well a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes. But that's all pets. And children. 

Man I should get a pet crow. 

• edited 2013-04-11 00:01:08
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Cats are better pets than dogs

i read that as cars

just thought i'd share

Man I should get a pet crow. 

Make it a raven. They show more signs of sentience :D

Granted I would have to be careful with the bird. Crows are one of the few animals that are always in hunting season in Wisconsin. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

D:

• Man I love dogs.

They're so full of joy. A bit careless and rowdy, but still full of joy.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

If crows had digit-separated hands they would give you middle fingers for always being in season.

• I read "crow" in CU's post as "cow", and I got confused with the raven thing.

Also, I don't think I'll ever have any mammalian carnivore as a pet.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Terrifying.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    VdCYDb6.jpg

"...And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

did i do it rite?

• No rainbow star
    Alkthash: Is the dog wagging its tail? Then good chance it is happy with you

Is the dog yawning? It's anxious and/or you're bugging it. Stay away
  • You can change. You can.

Yeaaaah, I don't find dogs exactly hard to read either. Cats are doublespeak masters, though. Or doublegesture masters, whatever.

• edited 2013-04-11 21:15:45
    "It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!!"

Man I disagree with everything Alkthash said, dogs are a million time better than cats in that they actually appear to care when you give them your attention and love. Whereas cats just take it for granted.

Fuck cats

• I like both. It's just that dogs are super-energetic and cats are super-reserved.

^^ See that's the thing, cats don't really need that much attention and love. If you pay attention to them, great, but they are generally content to cat it up. Which is fine by me. 

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

A Dog will be your friend.

A Cat will be your master.

• Cats are assholes and dogs are too needy. Tortoises are obviously the superior pet.

• a little muffled

xkcd: turtles

• Dawgs are wonderful pets. Oi.

^^

aldabra tortoises

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I love cats but they're honestly awful. 

• a little muffled

don't say mean things about cats :(

cats make us happy

unintentionally

• edited 2013-04-12 22:44:43
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

If I actually liked dogs whatsoever, I would have used this post to share Ukinojoe's "I Like Dogs" video with you.

I'm not a big fan of cats either. My family has one cat, and I barely even pay any attention to her. (We actually used to have six cats, but the rest have either died or taken to the streets.)

Now, if Australian law allowed me to keep a fox as a pet...

• edited 2013-04-12 22:50:22
    a little muffled

Domesticated foxes are essentially dogs in terms of behaviour, and there are dog breeds that look fox-like, so...

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Hmm, somehow I get the feeling that a domesticated fox wouldn't be so... energetic?

I mean, I've been around my aunt's Griffon puppy long enough to know that I don't deal well with dogs who are always trying to climb up my legs... or worse.

• a little muffled

From what I've heard the domestic silver fox is basically a dog.

Though that probably doesn't apply to fennecs, which apparently make decent pets but aren't actually domesticated. I have no idea what they might be like.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Aussie law doesn't allow fennecs to be kept as pets either, so I don't know if I'll ever find out.

Man y'all are crazy. My cats have never been awful. They are too lazy for that. Dogs need walks and toys and going outside and attention. Cats need food and a liter box.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Your cats have always been awful, but they have been too cunning to reveal such things openly.