If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Little Witch Academia

edited 2013-04-08 00:00:53 in Media
yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

let us descend into the depths of discussing this fine short film.

Comments

• edited 2013-04-08 02:49:24

Hmm, might look into the Anime Mirai stuff in general. Although looks like any English-subbed releases don't have batch torrents, so that might take a while. #pointlesscomment

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

what

• edited 2013-04-08 02:59:32

I mean English fansub groups don't make batch torrents for these shorts, and that means I'll have to look for them individually. (also, me internet might be a little slow right now)

Little Witch Academia is on Youtube.

subbed, and in HD even.

• edited 2013-04-08 03:07:32

But he wasn't talking about Little Witch Academia, Youtube is inferior to properly encoded videos with styled softsubs etc., and if his internet connection is slow then it's likely a lot easier to torrent a video than to stream it.

That said it should be is ridiculously easy to find any of the Anime Mirai/Young Animator Training Project things and I'm sure they're all still seeded.

• You can change. You can.

Apparently, going by how everyone ever around me talks about it, this is the best cinematic masterpiece since that time Orson Welles and some other dudes decided o make a movie about a media tycoon who said was talking about another media tycoon's euphemism for his wife's vagina.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Just watched it was pretty great. I hope the guys get a good grade.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I haven't seen this yet, but that character is reminding me slightly of Eas.

Apparently, going by how everyone ever around me talks about it, this is the best cinematic masterpiece since that time Orson Welles and some other dudes decided o make a movie about a media tycoon who said was talking about another media tycoon's euphemism for his wife's vagina.

it's mostly just a really good cartoon, which is something I rarely say about anime.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

Sucy was the best part of the movie.

Sucy is the best part of everything.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Nonono, the best character was the little sprite thingy they met when they entered the dungeon.

• edited 2013-04-09 10:51:47
    Kichigai birthday!!
    >6 episode OVA

Ebin :--D

>Kickstarter

FU! FU! FU!

can you please translate that into English

• Kichigai birthday!!
    It having an OVA is good, having it funded through Kickstarter is bad because there's the possibility of it not getting funded.

Anyhow, I've looked at the Twitter and haven't seen that post anywhere. Are you sure that it's real ?
  • ^^

The topic of an Original Video Animation consisting of six episodes has been raised.

This is excellent, my enthusiasm is facially appreciable.

It is done through the funding project Kickstarter.

I disapprove of you! I disapprove of you! I disapprove of you!

admittedly no. But I don't follow Inferno Cop either.

• edited 2013-04-09 12:05:47

I'm pretty sure it either is fake or was an April Fool's joke that has since been deleted.

In any case, it's not on the InfernoCop_USA Twitter and studio-trigger.com doesn't say anything about an OVA (and doesn't seem to have a /en/little_witch_academia.html or similar anyway).  Also it would be extremely unusual for something like that to be announced that way rather than via Trigger's (Japanese) Twitter or (Japanese) official site or a press release.

well that's unfortunate.

• edited 2013-04-09 19:02:00
    I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

I somehow doubt that the Inferno Cop twitter is the best place for accurate information anyways.

It just seems weird to see a project like LWA pushed through kickstarter. It might get infinite amounts of money if it did though.

5Wysbwx.gif

56lUNYP.gif

• But you never had any to begin with.

I somehow doubt that the Inferno Cop twitter is the best place for accurate information anyways.

It's an official account connected to Trigger.

its also Inferno Cop, which has done fake announcements before.

Yeah I've said this before but I don't really follow anime very much anymore so I don't really know what's reliable and what isn't.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I just watched this on Youtube, and goddamn the art style and animation are fantastic. Even though the plot became really cliche at the end.

The plot was pretty much cliche all the way through but it was a fun ride.

the plot was fun but not why it was cool.

I liked the characters though. Archetypal yes, but fun enough in their own right.

• I just watched it, and...

Sucy was the best part of the movie.

again: Sucy is the best part of every movie.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Nobody's home, so I took the opportunity to watch this without bringing eternal shame upon myself.

Yep, it's a pretty good cartoon, and that's about it.

Also, Sucy rocks.