If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Donkey Kong's Banana Hoard

edited 2013-03-31 20:31:16 in Media
Loser

In a lot of games DK has a huge treasure trove of bananas that for whatever reason keep getting stolen by antagonists (usually King K. Rool). Now, I think I understand the whole "apes love bananas" thing, but why would you stockpile such a perishable food? I mean, chances are that DK's huge pile of yellow bananas is going to go bad in about a week, if that.

That makes me wonder why K. Rool or whoever would even want the banana hoard in the first place. I suppose you could still justify DK and Diddy continuously going on adventures to retrieve the bananas by reasoning that they are morally-minded and simply want to right a wrong. That does not necessarily explain why K. Rool would want to instigate something like that though. Could the kremlings realize how worthless amassing such a stock of bananas is and just be trolling DK? I am not really sure either way, so if anyone has insights to share about this, I would be glad to hear them.

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

maybe his stockpile is refrigerated.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

K. Rool is indeed a troll.  See how he laughs at the screen in mid-battle.  And fucks with the ending.

• edited 2013-03-31 21:55:04

Short answer: you're overthinking this. Long answer: why are you wondering about Donkey Kong's magical (if that makes you happy) banana hoard when you could be playing Donkey Kong Country or any of its sequels? Get to it, son.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Considering how they just hang in the sky and even form patterns and signs there I think it's safe to say they're magical.

• But you never had any to begin with.

It's kinda hard to play DKC without considering the banana hoard.

• edited 2013-03-31 22:39:29

Not once you accept that it's just a MacGuffin and K. Rool or whoever else stealing it is just an excuse to have Donkey Kong out kicking ass and messing around with barrels and all that good stuff.

But if you simply must have an explanation, the bananas being magical is as good as you're gonna get, really.

• No rainbow star

Alternatively: The bananas are a special breed that can live off of moisture in the air

So his pile is still alive

And multiplying

• The "bananas" are actually curved stones that are used as currency? :D

• He's hoarding them for some futures related operation he's planning to execute in a few days. K-Rool is obviously a financial rival.