If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Johto In Chaos (Pokémon HeartGold Randomiser Nuzlocke)

2»

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.

Update 2.01: Challenger Approaching! A New Foe Has Appeared!

Spoiler:

...Wait, did Elm even e-mail you back?

Dun dun dun!

Or can you?! (...Probably not.)

Professor Elm: Professional psychic.

...You do realise he's standing right there, right? Minus the fetching yellow coat, sadly.

...Your friend in another region of the country? One that requires sea travel to get to?

...It's just a Gengar.

Oh no you don't. The last kid you enlisted ended up taking on an organised crime syndicate. Find some other sucker to help you.

...Why am I such a pushover?

Ominous~! Anyhow, let's get out of here.

Oh no, a disaster! Please let it be a dead Ethan.

Disaster can wait, we've got Minuns to beat.

As we attempt to leave Cherrygrove, we get blocked. Again.

Smug bastard. Let's crush him, Tombstone!

...Well that was an anti-climax.

Santa Claus?

Oh.

Maybe he thinks I'm a witch.

Gengar, professional piece of glass.

Yeah, no.

Fun fact: Combee are ghosts.

Johto Cop and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds.

A swing and a miss.

Despite his unfortunate lack of demise, Ethan decides to be useful for once. ...Wait, red haired boy?

Well, what is it? Decision time!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

douche

name him douche

Uh... John. He can be John.

• a little muffled
    Red.
  • Kichigai birthday!!

Benis :D

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

McGee

• Has friends besides tanks now

Richard.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Boofus

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

No input on the name, but you should probably be keeping track of enemies' types. You never know what a gym leader might have.

• Kichigai birthday!!

I might start a similar run, mind if I use this thread for updates on it? They won't be huge posts like yours, just stuff like X died or I captured Y.

No input on the name, but you should probably be keeping track of enemies' types. You never know what a gym leader might have.

It's kinda hard to figure out when I've only got one Pokémon.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

True. Just make a note whenever something is supereffective or not very effective. Lets you narrow it down.

I might start a similar run, mind if I use this thread for updates on it? They won't be huge posts like yours, just stuff like X died or I captured Y.

Go right ahead.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Skipper.

• No rainbow star
    I'll break the tie and say Richard (Or Dick for short 8D)

Also, you are letting yourself catch Pokemon on those two routes as you lacked Pokebals the first time, right?

Yes.

• No rainbow star
    Maybe you'll get a Slaking with something like Intimidate

Knowing my luck, most of its points would go into Speed.

• No rainbow star
    No

Your luck would give it most of the points in special def, making intimidate useless
  • a little muffled

How would that make Intimidate useless?

• edited 2013-03-29 17:04:02

Wouldn't that make Intimidate more useful?  If it has relatively low defense compared to its special defense, then you should want enemies' attack to be reduced, so that both kinds of attacks do low damage.

• No rainbow star
    ^ I mean defense so low that it makes no difference. A base defense of 2 isn't going to benefit much from Intimidate

Update 3: To Violet City!

Spoiler:

Streaking ahead of the pack with an astonishing 2 votes, our red headed nemesis is hereby dubbed Richard. Ethan declares his joy about our not being arrested, and then runs off.

Professor Elm is apparently suffering from mood swings. Anyhow, we give him the egg and he decides to keep it for research.

Apparently I'm awesome. Elm decides that due to this, I should take Tombstone and attempt the Pokémon Gym Challenge.

...Jerk. Anyway, we should go see our mum, and tell her we're going to travel the region. Without any food. Or water.

After some contemplation, she suggests that she could act as a bank, taking a percentage of the prize money. No thanks. (She has a tendency to buy stuff with that money, and it's commonly just berries.)

Outside of town we run into Ethan, who, like so many before him, takes it upon himself to teach you how to catch Pokémon by threatening a Rattata.

On the plus side, he gives us 5 free Pokéballs. Now, to freedom!

And our first ally is an Empoleon. He has an interesting typing, if not a particularly stellar one. And of course, we should keep with the theme of his name.

Urk. No Guard and a low defence is kind of a painful combination. Ah well, he can act as support through Heal Bell, at least.

A "fight" with a Houndoom causes our new friend to level up twice. Me First is meh at best, though.

The Combee Line. Still ghosts.

A few fights later, and we're level 7. (The 7th level was part of the same battle as the 6th, and I didn't catch the gains for that one.)

Quagsire: Resistant to Ice.

More levels, and ThunderPunch. I'd have preferred a special move, but oh well, I'll take what I can get.

Levels.

Drifloon line: Electric resistant. Maybe 'cause of the rubber.

Levels all day long.

...Oh. Oh my.

Sorry Avalanche, you can't compare to that.

We stop in Cherrygrove for some light shopping.

• edited 2013-03-31 13:57:24
    But you never had any to begin with.

Update 3.01: To Violet City!

Spoiler:

On Route 30, we run into a Clefable and catch her on the first ball. Granted, she'd been Dark Voided at the time. A diverse array of attacks, if nothing else, and her typing is great, although Ground and Fighting will be a problem. Keeping with the moon theme here. She was carrying a Moon Stone, too.

Wartortle is weak to bug and water. And what is it with defense being the dump stat on the things I catch?

Instead of Transform, Dittos know Octozooka. And are weak to grass. Kaguya is pretty rounded at this point.

Our second trainer battle is against an enterprising young soul named Anne.

Hopefully it's less annoying than Kingdra normally is.

An exchange of Crabhammer and Triple Kick left both sides in dire straits. ...How does a Kingdra even use Triple Kick?

Switching Kaguya out caused Bonaparte to be punched in the face. ...How does a Kingdra punch?

A quick Signal Beam ended the battle.

We exchange numbers for no apparent reason.

Apparently there was a sale on meteors. On the plus side, Doduo is weak to Grass.

Another trainer, apparently blind to the battle that happened right in front of them, steps up to the plate.

Moonbeing: 1, Tree: 0.

Maybe Togetic is made of trees. And just how low is Kaguya's base speed?

Sonic sez: Don't break the law!

Maybe she (he?) should have tried looking in the grass instead of on the road.

Kricketune: Not flammable.

Espeon: May or may not be flammable.

Grass. Trees. Minun. Terrible speed. Again.

Oh hey, it's Joey Anne! Unfortunately, all they want to talk about is Ditto.

Doof.

Without Flash, we can't see anything in here, so we'll come back later.

A wild Bug Catcher appeared!

Simple stuff.

Even without Slow Start, a Regigigas is not going to be killing anything at level 3.

Raia: Crushing hopes and dreams.

Operation: Communication.

Electabuzz: Waterproof up to 100 meters. But watch out for that grass.

Stop stalking me.

And here we are. Violet City!

Tune in next time as Raia takes on Sprout Tower and The Leader Formerly Known As Falkner!

Current Team
    Tombstone (Gengar): Level 12

Bonaparte (Empoleon): Level 11

Kaguya (Clefable): Level 11

Ampere (Minun): Level 3

BGM

New Bark Town

Route 29

Cherrygrove City/Mahogany Town

Route 30/31

Violet City/Olivine City

• No rainbow star
    That Minun isn't too bad. Pressure and decent defenses
  • edited 2013-03-31 14:24:08
    But you never had any to begin with.

Pressure isn't very good in single player. In all the time I've played Pokémon, I've seen something run out of PP about twice. Especially when you consider all of the other abilities it could have got.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Oh yeah, I guess I should update you guys in my run.

The game is Leaf Green, but I didn't randomize it as much as Alice. I only randomized starters, movesets, trainers' Pokémon and wild Pokémon .

I picked the female character, named Liz.Named my rival Jonne ug :DDD

The three starters of choice were Luvdisc, Jolteon and Spoink. I obviously picked Jolteon and named her Gogo. (Because you see, Yellow Spikes=Goku=Galo Sengen=Go go).

In route 1 I got a Beedrill, who I named Lightyear because you see, he's a bee, and bees buzz.

In route 2 I got a Shuppet, who I named Socky. He unfortunately died in Route 2 to an Absol.

In Viridian Forest I got a Ludicolo, I named him Pancho. Also in the same place Gogo died to a Metagross because I was too stupid to remember Steel is not weak to Electric.

Luckily enough, Brock had a Vaporeon and a Barboach, who were no match to Pancho's Petal Dance 

I wasn't able to capture anyone in Route 3, but I got a Swinub in Mt.Moon. I named her Martha

In Route 4 I got a Raichu and named him Raymond. He died some time later, don't remember how.

I got a Miltank in route 25, named her Monica. Misty went down easily too.

In route 5 I got a Minum, and named him Mike. I hope he has better luck than my other Electric Pokémon.

In Route 6 I got a Shellder, and named him Juan. Since I'm not really interested in having another Water Pokemon in the team I'll put him in the PC for now.

In Route 11, next to Vermilion I got a Delibird, and called him Nick. However, he died shortly after to a trainer's Donphan.

And that's all. Now I am in S.S Anne.