If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I don't even care about the politics, this is just some terrible animation

edited 2013-03-17 19:18:52 in Media

So there I was, just watching the theatrical trailers viewable through Apple's Front Row program as I do every few months, and I came across this.

Watch it and despair. Apparently this took $1.6 million (raised on Kickstarter I think) and three years to make, with a complete change of animation team partway through. Should've found a way to hire Monty Oum, guys. Nearly every CGI everything that I've ever seen in the past few years was either better than this, or made by like one or two people with no budget and not shown in select theaters across America!

I have nothing to say on the politics either way, though this is obviously one of those films where the intended message just drags the story down clumsily. But really, I'm not here to rag on politics or ideology. If the rest of you want to do that, that's your call. I just came by because I posted this on tumblr but often my followers just ignore things I post. I need someone to laugh at this with.

(I tried to embed the video but gave up. Thread's a bit cluttered as a result.)

Comments

• edited 2013-03-17 19:07:04
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

For some reason, the embedding now works only if the link is on top on the post (there's a workaround, but I can't remember how exactly). Then just highlight the link and choose the "unlink" button (far to the right of the toolbar)

• I am trying to follow your advice but it's not even showing up as a link when I go into editing in the first place. Clicking unlink does nothing.

In comedy, timing is everything, and I've just killed the joke here before it even started. This sucks.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

If it doesn't link automatically, then there shouldn't be anything else you need to do.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Not the embed link, the regular one.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Also, the embed workaround is done using the HTML button on the far left side of the toolbar.

• Telling me that tells me nothing. I don't know how to work with HTML or do workarounds. 

This sucks. This is what I get for being away so long? When we fix this, can we all delete these posts and make it a clean slate?

• edited 2013-03-17 19:18:58

I no longer feel bad for not being good at CG.

• Ok, y'know what? Screw the embed. I'm going to edit down to just the link, and everyone will just have to click through to the video. 

Eh, here's the embed, if it helps.

• edited 2013-03-17 19:19:08
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

The embed code is HTML that YouTube has already written for you. All you have to do is click the HTML button, paste the code into the text box provided and you're done.

Alternatively, you can just paste the URL as plain text and the forum software will turn it into an embed for you.

• edited 2013-03-17 19:20:51

It's okay, just copy and paste "http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=7UFcHLWMd9s" in the very first line (delete the space).

• Welp, now we've got the regular link in my OP and the embed lower down. People have their options. I don't even care. I have to go do other things.

• Oh god now we have two embeds. Somebody please get rid of theirs!

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ITT: Vanilla.
  • edited 2013-03-17 19:50:51
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What I read: http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/discussion/11770/i-dont-even-care-about-the-politics-this-is-just-some-terrible-animation

What I expected: shitty ideology-pushing political movies

What I got: ITT: Vanilla.

• Kichigai birthday!!

The Samsonadzes is better

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is this like a cheap imitation of The Simpsons, done in CGI?

• Kichigai birthday!!

Yes. Georgian

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is it political?

• edited 2013-03-17 20:06:44
    Kichigai birthday!!

Apparently a recurring criticism of it is that they make fun of Russian politicians a lot (Vladimir Putin shows up in an episode), while conveniently ignoring Georgian ones.

Also this is actually not too horrible, for a North Korean propaganda cartoon.

We have a few regional varieties of terrible political CGI cartoons, such as PATRIOT, produced by a Bosniak nationalist organization.

DEFEND MOTHER KEBAB

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

The animation in that trailer in the OP is utterly abysmal. The fact that the premise sounds preachy as all hell only makes it worse.

I can't wait.

• Kichigai birthday!!

^^ Official soundtrack

• Silence is golden.

^^^: Glad I don,t understand Serbian, adds to the sureal quality.

• About this being more "vanilla" than people expected: I am a highly cautious person and having seen all over the internet flame wars erupt from stupid misunderstandings and viewpoint-exaggerations whenever anything even remotely political gets involved, I will overdo my warnings every time. 

• edited 2013-03-17 20:48:13

I'm pretty sure by "ITT: Vanilla" he means "ITT: Being confounded by Vanilla (forum software)."

• See, I told you I've been away too long! xD

• edited 2013-03-17 20:53:54
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

On the original topic, this video makes that one trailer for a (recent?) conservative Christian right-winger movie look like an Oscar-winning film.  I've forgotten its name again, but it's the one where the school has to puts nativity play with all the character names metaphorically scratched out.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

This is apolitical, but as surreal as the best of them. I thought it'd be in a good company here. 

• You know, all that stuff about how precious metals have "value" is pretty much bullshit because precious metals have no real basis in its claim to value.