If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Having tiny hands

edited 2013-03-12 15:55:59 in Meatspace
But you never had any to begin with.

Everything seems to be designed for people with giant hands. Especially modern mobile phones. I should not need to use two hands to use a mobile, damnit. Also, game controllers/handhelds. Although that's been toned down a little in recent years,

Comments

• edited 2013-03-12 16:02:26

At least you don't have huge WRECK-IT-RALPH HANDS like I do. >_<

There's got to be some kind of happy medium here...

• Has friends besides tanks now

I don't like having small hands either. They're not stupidly small, but I'd prefer longer (though not wider) hands for aesthetic reasons. Then again, I'm relatively short anyway, so I dunno how that would work.

What I actually dislike most about my hands, though, is how cold they are most of the time.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I have tiny elf hands with weird double-jointed thumbs and I've never had problems with game controllers and like that my smartphone is a good 2 inches longer than my hand...

• But you never had any to begin with.

As I said, game controllers have gotten better nowadays. I'm thinking stuff like the original Xbox controller (which was apparently designed for the "average American", for the record. Are you guys all 12 ft tall basketball players?), and the Saturn 3D Pad.

^Never used the 3D pad, but I liked how hueg the original Xbox controller was. Coincidentally, I find Playstation controllers really cramped and small.

• edited 2013-03-12 17:55:12

This is the 3D Pad.

excuse me why does that dinner plate have buttons?

Though seriously, I could probably play that too, again must be because of my weird thumbs.

Oh, I can use it, it's just uncomfortable.

• Ok, like, I have big hands and even I would find that thing a pain to use for any amount of time. That's just a poorly-designed controller.

(For a sense of scale here)

• edited 2013-03-12 21:48:25
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

That hand... doesn't actually look particularly small to me. That or my hands are unusually small too:

(For reference, the screen on my phone is 4.7 inches across.)

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yeah, your hands are about the same size as mine, Alice. :|

• No rainbow star
    That's average size :|
  • edited 2013-03-12 22:13:14
    Poot dispenser here

^^^What model is that? Kinda looks like my Sensation 4G...

(For reference, the screen on my phone is 4.7 inches across.)

You look like you can actually get your thumb across that. :|

• edited 2013-03-12 22:18:16

^^ It's a HTC One X. Definitely the best phone I've ever had.

^ And you don't think you could? What phone do you currently have?

HTC Desire S.

• edited 2013-03-12 22:44:34

Which, according to Wikipedia, has a 3.7 inch screen.

Okay, I guess I understand the difference there if your thumb can barely reach the other side of your phone's screen. Though from what I can see in your reference photo with the PS1 game insert (PS1 games mostly came in jewel cases, didn't they?), your hand does not look any smaller to me than mine.

• edited 2013-03-12 22:47:12

That's a manual, not an insert. :P

And yeah, my current phone is bad enough. I always use two hands with that as it is.

• edited 2013-03-12 22:53:25

Oh, it's not?

In that case, please forgive all my previous assertions, but maybe you should photo yourself holding something with a more standard size so we have a better point of reference.

And yeah, my current phone is bad enough. I always use two hands with that as it is.

Holy shit.

• edited 2013-03-12 23:37:45
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

My hands, in comparison to a 3DS

Spoiler:

Average length of fingers:

Spoiler:

Also, freaky thumb action

Spoiler:

Edit: why the hell are the pictures so big?

Edit 2: Fixed, thanks glenn.

• edited 2013-03-12 23:18:09
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

When embedding you can go to the "Advanced" tab and specify their size.

You can still do that after uploading them; click the picture and click the picture icon again.  (I think.)

• I have tiny hands for an 18 year old (can't show photos just yet), but I have double joined fingers and can stretch my hands out on the keyboard, which is awesome I guess...

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Weren't tiny hands like an ideal of beauty in the Middle Ages? (Ha-haa, I'm summoning Alex!)

• I'm a damn twisted person

So how many of you would accept the Futurama deal where you trade hands with the Robot Devil?

• So how many of you would accept the Futurama deal where you trade hands with the Robot Devil?

Deals with the devil never work out as intended.

• You can change. You can.

Well

duh

but the point is "Would you switch your hands for another probably better kind?"

Anyway, I have piano hands. They're very useful. 

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I have two hand-shaped loaves of ham attached to my wrists.

• You can change. You can.

Well, now you know what to eat if you ever end up being in a deserted island.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ How do you type with your ham gloves on