If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

No IJBM.com, just/forums

edited 2013-03-10 01:04:29 in IJBM meta
Belief

The technicality that typing in Itjustbugsme.com will redirect me to /forums bugs me for some reason. as if this site were anything other than its forums.

Comments

• edited 2013-03-10 01:14:28
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Yeah. I'd hypothesise that it's built into the Vanilla forum system, but the HH guys run the same software and they don't seem to have this problem.

...maybe UE has plans to put in some other stuff on this domain? Like maybe a private image host that can only be used by people with accounts on the forum?

• edited 2013-03-10 03:21:14

Funnily enough, when I type in www.itjustbugsme.com it doesn't redirect and I just end up with "Firefox can't find the server at www.itjustbugsme.com".

This proves annoying quite frequently, as Firefox likes filling in my URLs for me.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

why extra period?

• Because I can't type.

• ...maybe UE has plans to put in some other stuff on this domain? Like maybe a private image host that can only be used by people with accounts on the forum?

Does this place even have enough server space for such a thing?

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Well, since it would be a private service available to only about 40 or 50 people, we wouldn't need anywhere near as much storage space as Instagram or Imgur, so as long as the forum users were told not to overuse the service I think we'd be fine.

• edited 2013-03-10 09:51:59

I get the feeling bandwidth would become an issue before disk space would...

Anyway, itjustbugsme.com redirects to itjustbugsme.com/forums for a simple reason: the "forums" directory is where the content is. For a couple days after the site first launched, going to just itjustbugsme.com would take you to a listing of the server's root directory and you had to manually click on "/forums". Having it redirect to the forum itself is preferable to that, no?

Unless the question is "why is Vanilla installed in the 'forums' directory?", in which case lolidunno.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

We could use the frontpage to host other content if we really wanted to.

• edited 2013-03-10 13:16:34

^ I can't really think of anything we would really want to use that for, though.

The title keeps making me think "no, IJBM.com, you are the forums".

• edited 2013-03-10 13:43:06
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Blame Longfellow, he originally installed Vanilla there :P  But yeah, we could use the front page for whatever if we wanted.

I get the feeling bandwidth would become an issue before disk space would...

You'd be correct, we got plenty of disk space :p

• Maybe someone wants to start a thread then on what the front-page could be used for, hold a little contest, have some voting, or even convert this thread into that, I wouldn't mind.

• Let's not have a front page.

Because there's no particular reason to have one and it'd be slightly inconvenient to have to click on a link to get to the forum if I just go to itjustbugsme.com/ instead of itjustbugsme.com/forums/

• Or you could just bookmark the /forums, this is the internet era,

• I have no clue what the hell we'd use a front page for, honestly. Complaint-related news?

• Obviously the front page should be a shrine to Princess Avenue, complete with PayPal button to allow you to donate money for her to spend on random shit.

Or just keep it how it is. I dunno.

• No rainbow star
    Obviously we start a webcomic, suffer schedule slip, and see it burn
  • I would totally draw an IJBM webcomic.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

I always did want to see an IJBM picture like the one you drew for BTL where you interpreted forumites.