If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Nostalgia Critic is un-retiring

edited 2013-01-22 19:56:57 in General

It's kind of depressing. Seeing Doug go back to doing shit he clearly doesn't enjoy anymore and has no material left for just because a bunch of manchildren hate change is terrible.

/things no one but me on this site cares about.

Comments

• man thats a bummer :(.

• a little muffled
    He retired?
  • Wait, what's the context here? I mean, he's in no way forced to come back, unless his site is not getting enough viewers without him.

• His new show wasn't working out, so he returned back to being the Critic.

He removed his cutoff date and moved it to every other week, so that's good at least.

• edited 2013-01-22 21:45:11
    They're somethin' else.

Great. More raging geek comedy.

I'm tired of this douche nugget being quoted over and over.

• You can change. You can.

What was the old show? Anything interesting?

• Maybe, if you count screeching at the camera for a half hour as interesting. Which is unlikely anyway.
  • edited 2013-01-22 22:09:41

Guys, if you watched the video, you'd understand that Doug's doing this because he actually wants to do it.

I mean, yeah, it's kind of a cop out, but come on, it's clear that he really enjoys sketch comedy and that the "dramedy" approach with Demo Reel just wasn't working out. It was a decent show, sure, but it just didn't have the charm and humor that the NC did.

Plus, the Demo Reel universe being a personal purgatory for the NC was actually very well-written despite being a blatantly obvious retcon. The Nostalgia Critic starring in the same kind horrible movies he reviewed, and then having his life destroyed by the constant bashing and criticism? THAT is Hell in its purest, most ironic form, and it's absolutely brilliant.

Maybe, if you count screeching at the camera for a half hour as interesting. Which is unlikely anyway.

Oh look, someone who bases his opinion of the NC off of Something Awful's forums.

• a little muffled

It's true! Everyone who disagrees with you is a mindless sheep.

• Sheesh, no need to get snippy. I don't exactly adore his style of comedy is all.

• It's true! Everyone who disagrees with you is a mindless sheep.

knew it!

I was referring to the so-called demo reel when I asked, by the way.

Honestly I wish Doug Walker just focused on discussing film because he's actually smart and his comedy style is really really not that good.

• edited 2013-01-22 23:19:40

It's true! Everyone who disagrees with you is a mindless sheep.

I'm generally much happier when I believe that what I like is perfect and that nobody can actually dislike what I like.

I'm not sure why you think posting it again will somehow lead to me reading it again but

you're actually right fuck

• Whoops, that was a mistake. Not sure how I ended up copying that to the clipboard.

Fixed now.

I'm generally much happier when I believe that what I like is perfect and that nobody can actually dislike what I like.

Ah, yes, self-delusion. It is a pretty neat thing, agreed.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Are you serious?

• Oh my, everybody seems cranky today.

everybody is a critic these days

• @Crimson: Perhaps I'm not being entirely serious there, but I certainly don't like it when my own tastes aren't validated by others.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

fucking why?

His show wasn't funny the first time and it's not going to be the second time.

• >implying humour is subjective(no, that's not a typo)

• @InsanityAddict:

You're right! Humor is objective. If I think something is funny and someone else disagrees, than the other person is wrong.

• Exactly. That's why everytime we disagree, I am right and you are all wrong.

Seriously, I HATE that line of thinking.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

well this is certainly a thread

• You only think it's a thread because you're a sheep, @ClockworkUniverse.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

fuck tha humor police

pictured: the humor police

• >implying I want to be right and not just contrarian

Do Randroids dream of electric sheeple?