If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ps4/xboxnext

2»

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Its funny since a PC you can get for 500 dollars two years ago will probably have more power than these new consoles.

I don't understand how people can accuse modern console gaming of relying solely on pretty graphics and then turn around and say this. What bearing at all does a console's computing power have on how good the games for it are? One of the most popular franchises out right now is fucking Minecraft which has graphics best described as "Lego setting". I don't get this whole PC GAMER MASTER RACE mentality, and I am a PC gamer solely because I almost never use my Xbox for anything but Halo.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I'm not really a PC gamer because none of the games on them appeal to me. Aside from a few indie games I get on Steam like Recettear and Amnesia I don't really use my PC for gaming despite its power. It's Triple-A wasteland. Also there's no Shin Megami Tensei

I dislike using Yahtzee too much in an argument because lol internet grenade, but I think there's truth to what he said recently that the mentality between console debates is rather Orwellian and thought police-y where people have to obsessively defend and attack other formats rather than understanding that each person makes a choice on what suits them best.

I mean, I got the Vita purely for a console that had all four of the Persona games in their updated format. A lot of people don't like the games enough for that, but I do and it suits me for it.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm not really a PC gamer because none of the games on them appeal to me.

Weird, I find that upwards of 90% of games I want are at least not exclusive to consoles.

That said, I mostly prefer PC out of convenience. It's right here, in my room, and the machine is usually turned on. I have to go down two floors to play most console games.

• edited 2013-01-09 21:48:59
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^Well, I also dislike the mouse-and-keyboard setup as well. 

Besides, Red Dead Redemption, any given fighting game, Non-fucked-with Silent Hill, Zelda...

There's just a lot I like on consoles not available on PC in a format I like.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

What bearing at all does a console's computing power have on how good the games for it are? One of the most popular franchises out right now is fucking Minecraft which has graphics best described as "Lego setting".

There are quite a few games that are pretty system intensive (including Minecraft if my old PC has anything to say about it),  so you DO need a fairly powerful system to play them.

It's Triple-A wasteland.

This is pretty much false, I was genuinely surprised at what you can find on the PC.

That said, console wars, PC gaming master race bullshit included, is universally dumb.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Fair enough.

Also, this:

It's Triple-A wasteland.

Describes consoles a lot more accurately than PCs. Anyone can release a game on PC. Even indie developers, though, need a substantial amount of money to put anything on console.

Okay then let me rephrase that.

There's almost nothing PC exclusive I care about, compared to the things I do want -not- available for PC. 

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Next -> Nexus -> Noa

Nexus is a the Ultraman show where Noa was his ultimate form. I feel like Next should be in there somewhere because I've seen it but I'm not sure where.

I'm with Malk on this one, when they start releasing exclusive JRPGs and Naruto fighting games on PC I'll look into buying a decent one but all my gaming needs are covered by consoles right now.

• You can change. You can.

IJBM: The idea of finding a console and sticking to it being a necessity in any sense other than economical.

Well, there's interface preferences too, I suppose but everything's moving towards homogeonization anyways...

• edited 2013-01-10 01:22:27

@ fourteenwings: Next was Nexus back when he was bonded to that retired air force pilot. That was made pretty clear around ep 30-something.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> I think there's truth to what he said recently that the mentality between console debates is rather Orwellian and thought police-y where people have to obsessively defend and attack other formats rather than understanding that each person makes a choice on what suits them best.

It's almost like, people are too damn bored and are creating wars to fight.

• You can change. You can.

Well, there's interface preferences too, I suppose but everything's moving towards homogeonization anyways...

My point is that I just dislike the overall notion of console wars because it's all based on the silly notion that if you like something, you can't like other things, regardless of how similar they may be

• edited 2013-01-10 01:35:18
    I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

Super Lazuli: Long story short, not talking about graphics but game engines and modding.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Super Lazuli: Long story short, not talking about graphics but game engines and modding.

So... you're actually serious about that?

Huh.

I would be willing to bet that neither of those things are really major factors to the public at large. Granted, I understand where you're coming from with that, but I don't think your average CoD player is gonna care too much about installing sick mods on his game.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

its less about installing 'sick mods' as you ever so condescendingly put it, as much as it is expanding greatly on the original game had. Certain game series, like minecraft, strive on user-made content and others, like most first person shooters, end up having a thriving community based around customization.

Given how extensively modded most Call of duty servers are up until MW2, where a good amount of servers ran things like promod or other utilities, where most modding became very limited because of lack of tools and cheat prevention, I'd say that its incorrect to assume that mods weren't an important part of even call of duty.

Really up until this generation of console gaming, there was a lot of modifications. Because of a largely misguided attempt to reach a casual market, I think gaming as a whole was taken down a notch.

Hell even Bethesda, which is known for its mod tools, had a poor offering with Skyrim. The construction set is both extremely limited and buggy and has yet to see any fixes, not to mention the poor, poor state most Bethesda games are released in.

its less about installing 'sick mods' as you ever so condescendingly put it

I wasn't actually being condescending. You'd know if I was.

My point is simply that I don't think the average console owner cares about mods very much. Most of those that do are also PC gamers on the side, and on that same note, I think people who are truly console-exclusive are pretty rare.

So y'know, stuff.

Anyway I'm going to bed, night.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

Yeah, posting while I'm in a bad mood and not rational wasn't the best idea for me.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

@Naas: Oh, right! That.

I should really see the Next movie sometime. And Mebius while I'm at it.

• The thing I like about consoles is that I like know that my rather big investment of like £300-600 isn't going to be outclassed in like, a year. 

I've had my Xbox 360 for over six years now, and my PS3 for around 3. 

• edited 2013-01-10 06:33:07

^^TheConductor  had my 360 only 2 years before it got the r.r.o.f.d.

^^I once tried the pc version of burnout paradise i thought worked better on a gamepad than on a keyboard.

• edited 2013-01-10 12:13:50
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The thing I like about consoles is that I like know that my rather big investment of like £300-600 isn't going to be outclassed in like, a year. 

This is exactly why I'm pretty sure consoles aren't going to stop being a thing anytime soon. If I drop a couple hundred dollars on an Xbox, I can say with certainty that barring hardware failure or something, I'm going to be able to play any Xbox game on it, no matter when it comes out, without having to spend absurd amounts of money on upgrades.

That, plus consoles are way cheaper than gaming PCs.