If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

If You Could Produce One TV Show...

edited 2013-01-03 23:03:01 in Media
Loser

If you could produce a single original (i.e., something not based on another work) TV show of at least one season in length, what would you make? Would you choose something fictional or non-fictional? Is there a certain channel you would want the show to air on? How many episodes do you think would be enough?

In case that was vague, I guess the assumption here is that the series would last a season no matter what, so ratings need not be important. To make this more about people's ideas, your writers, actors, and such are presumed to be competent too. Also, this is just some silly hypothetical thing, so feel free to answer or not answer however you would like.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Hm. Maybe something in one of the settings I'm working on.

Not sure I should go into detail because I think I may actually get a story in one of them written soon.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

In Early Renaissance Europe, a regional lord has problems; the dead rise from their graves at night, a flying beast assaults livestock and bandits intercept trade. Ill-equipped to handle these ailments, he turns to his only remaining option -- a small, improvised band of professional warriors drawn together by mutual wanderlust and financial destitution (especially the latter). 

Think the A-Team, but set in Renaissance Europe and you're along the right track. I envision it as a tongue-in-cheek action extravaganza that, while true to the time period within reason, hinges on the ridiculous. Expect one-liners, climactic sword duels, gunpowder shootouts, carriage chases and, in general, extreme audacity.  

• You can change. You can.

The Wire 2.0: Wiring Harder.

• LouieW said not based on another work, so sequels don't really count.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure which of my ideas would work best for a single season. Probably something vaguely post-apocalyptic.

• edited 2013-01-04 00:54:05
    They're somethin' else.

Hm... Something contemporary. My baby project for the longest time has been a high school dramedy. Something that not written around all the dumbshit most recent movies n shows have been about. Something a little smarter, where the characters are a lot more 3-dimensional and personally troubled (but still have a good amount of innocence and goofiness to them). You know, so that they're not written around how popular they are, what clique they're from, where they eat at lunch. I've never liked that as a way to describe a character.

Ideally, I'd want it to air on AMC. That's how seriously I want the subject matter to be written, and to be taken.

• No rainbow star

Something about Slenderman

Just to feed off of the tears of Slenderhipsters

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I have an ideal of the perfect animated high school comedy show.

• Kamen Rider something.

I haven't yet figured out that "something."

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I have a fantasy pseudo-anime that's one of my many pipedreams.

Protagonist is a girl with a skeletal arm and her wise mentor is a plant creature. Because fuck you, I make my own rules.

• I'd produce a TV show based on the radio drama that I recently pitched to BBC Scotland. "Molly's Brothers" is the story of four brothers (and their sister; Molly) growing up in coal mining villiages in Scotland between the 1940s and 1950s.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

A Western Horror series. Twin Peaks with cowboys and less subtlety.

• They're somethin' else.

^that i'd watch.