If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The 2012 Apocalypse (alleged)

Comments

• edited 2012-12-20 11:00:31

Goddammit Shinji.

Evangelion was set in 2015.

Anyway, apparenlty some wacko in China did a mass stabbing at a school because of this:

Xinhua said police in Henan province arrested a man, identified as Min Yongjun, after he slashed 23 children at an elementary school and an adult at her home near the school.

"Initial police investigation found Min, a long-term epilepsy sufferer, had been strongly psychologically affected by rumors of the upcoming end of the world predicted by ancient prophecy," Xinhua said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/17/us-china-doomsday-idUSBRE8BG0ES20121217

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

well this just lost all humour value

• edited 2012-12-20 11:06:38
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Welp. I'm not exactly surprised, but I hoped that wouldn't happen.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I'm a horrible person and there's a special place in hell reserved for me, but I couldn't help my first thought being along the lines of "He attacked 23 children with a knife and didn't kill one? Poor effort."

Commence disgust and hatred. 

• "He attacked 23 children with a knife and didn't kill one? Poor effort."

This is why America is superior.  Here, if you want to attack 23 children, you can purchase an assault rifle, and they'll die.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

breakfast1.png

don't do that

"Don't do that."

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Worst moment to pop in ever, but I just have to mention that three amazing, surprising things just happened for anime.

All we need now is Evangelion 4.0 suddenly airing at midnight with nobody knowing about it.

• No rainbow star
    Legionarre: Even longer is the chemical compound for Tintin
  • a little muffled
    Someone suggest an apocalypse movie for me to watch tonight.

...Wait, I'm busy tonight.

Someone suggest a post-apocalypse movie for me to watch tomorrow.
  • Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Like I said, this girl and I are gonna watch 2012.

• a little muffled

Yeah but I want to watch a good movie.

Hey people, if I'm naming this after Y2K, or "Year 2000", should I be calling it Baktun 13 or Baktun 14?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Just call it 2012, that's what it's centered around and what people generally think of when they hear it.

Sure.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

There's this mountain in Serbia which, according to something Arthur Clarke wrote, has an alien pyramid built inside it that will spread a small protection field around the surrounding area if an apocalypse happens.

We in Serbia laugh at that, but there's been a lot of tourists flocking to the mountain to "save" themselves. I saw it on TV, there's even the director of a large French bank.

You could probably drop the "alleged" part too, since I'm pretty sure that everyone here knows nothing is going to happen.

No, I like it that way.

Cause if it happens, we can still be skeptics
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

• edited 2012-12-20 23:15:19
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Wait a sec, people! I've just received urgent word that the world has actually ended, and we've all wound up in a brand new world that is completely identical to the old one so we would think nothing had happened! I even have highly reliable proof of this 10000% true fact direct from the League of Alien Space Bats themselves!

I don't really believe in the end of anything, but I do have weird vibes that tomorrow, big stuff is gonna happen for people.

This has been a really weird and eventful year in general.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's 4PM on the 21st and nothing bad has happened yet.

• edited 2012-12-21 00:09:58
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Just passed midnight on the American East Coast. Unless New York and Washington, DC were just wiped out by some supernatural force, we can be fairly certain that the world will not come to an end any time soon.

i dunno man we haven't heard from any east coast ijbmers yet

the aliens could've all taken them, man!

that would, like, suck.

Well, coincidentally, my internet went out right at midnigjt just now.
  • A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

So are any of our 4chan people monitoring those boards right now? I don't normally go there but I was thinking there might be some amusing threads there tonight.

It's 5 past midnight CST. Looks pretty boring outside.

Yeeeeeeeeep.