If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I drove over 400 miles today on the way back home for break . . .

edited 2012-12-14 00:52:37 in Meatspace
Has friends besides tanks now

. . . and in the last 20 or so miles, my eyes started to sting, and I had to pull over and have the other person take over for me.

How embarrassing. :/

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

This kind of thing has happened to me, and it's pretty common. No shame in it whatsoever. In fact, it's good that you were responsible enough to cease driving when you noticed that your capacity to do so was damaged. 

• edited 2012-12-14 01:05:20

(I'm not actually that upset)

(I can't remember the last time I was this happy with myself for being able to do something, actually)

(Finals have still left me emotionally wrecked, but this was surprisingly easy) 

• I read the thread title as saying you drove 400 miles on crack.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Hahaha, how?

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

break = crack maybe?

• Maybe it was the "back" part?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Like Alex said, it's much more responsible to realize your limits. 400 miles is a fuckload of driving. I did about 600 yesterday and I'm still pretty tired from it.

• edited 2012-12-17 14:34:12
    But you never had any to begin with.

Yeesh, 600 miles is from one end of the island to the other, here. (838 if you use roads)

• edited 2012-12-17 14:40:01

I could've kept going for a while if not for the whole stinging eyes thing, for what it's worth. But, yeah, it would've been pretty stupid to keep going like that, and I'm thankful that it was late enough that the road was pretty empty, so I could move across two lanes to pull over.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^What's the old statement? Americans think 100 years is a long time, British think 100 miles is a long way?

Yeah, visiting family in Canada (and presumably Juan on wednesday)

• edited 2012-12-17 14:56:49

Well, now I'm envious.

That reminds me that I still have to visit Forzabro at some point.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    The IJBMers closest to me are Milos, InsanityAddict and anyone else from Yurop I may be forgetting, so I doubt I'll ever met them unless they go do tourism in Zaragoza (And why would they? It has no beach ).
  • BeeBee
    edited 2012-12-17 16:04:59

I had to drive about 200 miles home last night in a low-visibility monsoon headwinding everything right into my face.  I was hydroplaning for like a third of the trip, and I had to wait for someone to be visible before I passed a semi because it kicked up so much standing water that I was basically blind except for taillights ahead of me.  It was kind of terrifying.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> kind of terrifying

nominee for Understatement of the Year

• Welcome to the Pacific Northwest.  Shit's hardcore.

• But you never had any to begin with.

What's the old statement? Americans think 100 years is a long time, British think 100 miles is a long way?

Wherever you are in Britain, you're never more than 79 miles from the sea, so yeah.

• vandro is the closest IJBMer to me, or Juan if he goes back to Colombia. If I go visit either I'll talk to their friends and family about the time they and their internet friends had exciting discussions about cartoon ponies and moe batman.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Exciting discussing on ponies and moe batman. Sadly I wasn't in either.

• I'm about to fly over 2500 miles for break.

• You can change. You can.

>Implying I'd let an IJBMer near my friends and family

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

My heart has been broken.

• a little muffled

Juan would currently be the nearest active IJBMer to me.

I don't particularly expect to meat in real life unless he decides to go to a prerelease or something.

• You can change. You can.

I don't expect to meat you either, Nyktos.

Although now I wonder what you Canucks do during prereleases >:|

• a little muffled

We spell poorly.

It is a tradition.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

The IJBMers closest to me are Milos, InsanityAddict and anyone else from Yurop I may be forgetting, so I doubt I'll ever met them unless they go do tourism in Zaragoza (And why would they? It has no beach ).

It may be hard to believe, but I am also a man of culture.

What can you see in Zaragoza? 

I'm currently in south Florida but I'm usually in the DC area.  Who's near me?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The closest IJBMer to me is... Legionnaire. And then Fuschlatz. But I've already seen them.

So I guess I have to go visit Alex next.

• edited 2012-12-18 04:39:30
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

GMH, I live 40 minutes from DC and I go all the time.

I'm sure you're disappointed :3

> go all the time

TMI about your bathroom use

Anyway, where do you live?

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I HAVE A BLADDER PROBLEM DAMN IT.

And Columbia, Maryland.